Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 09:15 AM

14 posts, read 116,138 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Can someone suggest me a Preschool not that far from 32256 and best in class with reasonable cost?

Relocating in Oct09 from India and have a 3 yr old son who can learn with activities and teachers who can help him since we are from different cultural background! language also could be a barrier initially for him hence teachers attention and patience required!

Also whats the cost like for preschools per month?

Depending on the school,located in a good area,near my office loaction mentioned above plus grocery stores around, I would then hunt for a flat around.

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 AM

5 posts, read 17,963 times
Hi There,
The JCA is an excellet preschool, but it is Jewish. I am not a Jew but I had my daughter there and they are fantastic. another place is Deerwood preschool, but it may be too late to apply for that one.
Good luck with the relocation. Let me know if you have more questions. I also live in 32256.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 PM

31 posts, read 108,991 times
There are lots of excellent preschools...and I think you will find most teachers will be cooperative with your child's language barrier. At this age, the best way for him to learn the language is going to be to spend alot of time around other children who speak it! The challenge you are going to have is finding an open space in October... preschools fill up over the summer. My suggestion would be to call several NOW and get on the waiting list. Don't wait until you get here! My son goes to Precious Promises in Mandarin (32257), and we love it. There's also Cornerstone on Shad Road... it might be easier to get a space there, because they are a new preschool. Do not know much about them, but the facilities look really nice. You will find many of the schools are associated with religious groups, but there are many students not associated with those religions. My other thought it to enroll your child for the maximum days you can get...once again, this will help him with his language development, which is a major advantage before he goes to Kindergarten. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 PM

4 posts, read 10,974 times
O2B in Fleming Island has been fantastic! My son just turned 4 and is doing great. He surprises me when he writes his name and does simple addition. They have been able to take him way beyond where I was at at his age (which may not be saying much come to think of it). I feel like they have done a great job at exploiting his potential. The Fleming Island neighborhood is a really nice place to raise a kid too. Very safe with lots of amenities.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 810,526 times
Jacksonville Country Day is an excellent school that's not just pre-K so your child can stay there and go up til middle school starts. Its one of those schools you never hear anything negative about. On Baymeadows.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM

250 posts, read 704,816 times
Quote:
Best Pre-School in Jax
anywhere but r. kelly's house. oh wait.... that's in chicago

btw, there are actually formal ratings and listings about that for jacksonville. even our local news investigates them frequently. you should look that up. probably start with jacksonville.com or a basic google
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville