Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 PM

310 posts, read 868,961 times

Advertisements

Sweet Jesus, please tell us you did not have children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck4runneroutlaw View Post
I swear don't come to Jacksonville it is one of the most boring city's i've ever lived in my whole life as far as Colorado goes I'm not totally sure but Jacksonville is VERRRRRRRRY DANGEROUS DO NOT COME TO JACKSONVILLE,FL now some part's are pretty cool but other part's you look at some one and you get shot this is pretty much like New York with the peoples tempers now i live near north Arlington but where you would like to live "mandarin" is pretty cool, but i WARN you if you move in downtown have your shot gun ready and your dogs ready for a late night break in because that is the worst area i mean it tells you right there "DOWNTOWN" that is like the most dangerous areas in all of Jacksonville. Now i recommend the north side it's very southern like every one has horses and it's very country if you like that type of setting i my self love it but there is some down sides,since he is going to work in downtown it's going to be like an 1hour drive just to get to down town but it's awesome in the north side now crime on the other hand like i said before have your gun and your dogs ready because it's out in the country and any one can do something and get away with it. I hope this helps,oHHHH wait,wait,wait for climate it's not the best during summer i would rather have 10inches of snow to plow than 100degrees summers but winter on the other hand we went down to a RECORD LOW 23degrees plus we even got LOTS of snow flurry's but be prepared for a snow storm we had one in 1989 and i'm still waiting for the next one heres a picture of one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 08:45 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times
redneck4runnerputlaw: whoa. I'm so sorry for you. I really mean this sincerely, but I think you should audit some local high school courses or maybe some FSCJ courses. I repeat, I really do mean this sincerely; I feel for you. Either that, or despite the fact that Jacksonville is not a very large city, perhaps city life is just not for you.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:03 PM

6 posts, read 14,018 times
I have read many of the reply's and noticed that no one mentioned Clay County preferably the 32003 Fleming Island/Eagle Harbor area. They are both "extremly nice" areas with great amenities and shopping within minutes, and approx a 35 to 45 minute commute to downtown if you take "hwy 17" into town. The crime in this area is low and not nearly as bad as Jacksonville/Duvall Co. and the schools are rated "A" schools. I have lived in this area for over 5years and would not live anywhere else in the Jacksonville area. It is a little pricey but worth every dime invested!

Last edited by LASunshine; 02-21-2011 at 08:14 PM..

Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 7,883 times
Needing advice quickly. My husband was just hired to work for a company in the southern part of Jacksonville. Greenland? We have never been there but we will have to move there very soon. My husband and I are both college educated and our children are very much advanced in school. They also love their sports: soccer, surfing, ballet, and cheer. Our children are young (8and 10). We are moving down there from a very safe and very small town on the OBX, NC. I've been doing some research on statistics and rental houses in that area down there. I was very shocked to see that crime is so bad all over that area. Rape and sex offenders. We will need a very safe neighborhood and great schools for our children. We also will have to rent a house. Due to the current economy we can only afford $1000 to $1200 per month for rent. We will NOT live in an apartment or condo. We need a 3 or 4 bedroom house in a safe neighborhood (no crime). A cozy, friendly area like the town we currently live in. Thanks in advance for genuine advice. I appreciate it.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM

285 posts, read 606,442 times
I think you will find what you are looking for in Julington Creek Plantation. It is in St. Johns, which is a very safe, friendly suburb with excellent schools...the best in the state. JCP is very safe, family-oriented, and they have a fantastic Ammenities center, check out...

Http://www.jcpcdd.org

Last edited by Marka; 03-07-2013 at 09:04 AM..

Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
Momof2: I think you will have a difficult time finding a single family home rental in St. Johns County that is in your price range.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
Check around zip codes 32223, 32257, and 32258. That's the Mandarin area, part of which is where your husband will be working (Greenland Rd is in 32258). $1000-1200 should be do-able in Mandarin.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM

Thank you all very much!! We will be down the week after Thanksgiving. We'll only have one day to choose our home. Talking about stressfull!! Thanks again for your courtesy and advice. I'll see about finding a realtor to help show us the Mandarin and St John areas now. I appreciate it y'all.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
If you direct message Eric, he might be able to provide real estate broker services to you.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 AM

I'm not sure how to do that. Here is my e-mail addy. summertime505@hotmail.com

Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville