Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 PM

133 posts, read 527,107 times

Advertisements

Hello City I love...

I'm here to confess that looks like I broke or got real close to crashing the forum rules with my Streetcar Posts. I'm not making excuses here, but want to clear the air for anyone else that thinks of this as a licence to sell a product on the forums...This or any other one!

Jacksonville Traction Company, Inc. is a "FOR PROFIT" Corportation that dates to 1912. It no longer has City Support, Major Corporate Heavyweight investors, track, streetcars, museum, power plant in fact it is a corportation on paper only. Even as a Corporate President, I would not and could not sell you anything, not stock, not investment opportunity. Not only would that violate the forum rules, it would be a violation of the SEC in Washington DC. and the FL SEC of STATE rules.
Even if the day comes when we are fully up and running we will be a "RAILROAD" by strict federal guidelines. Thus we fall into the Public Utilities bracket of the State of Florida guided by both PUC and FDOT.
Please let me make it clear that I have nothing to solicit but your voice and support to "push" our city to make a choice of something besides the status quo. Even the mode you choose, be it commuter rail, bus, BRT, LRT, Streetcar, Monorail etc... is up to you, and in my position as the local "Transit Guy" I will do everything in my power to inform you and keep you up to date on the happenings in your favorite system.

I have a transit blog called simply enough JACKSONVILLE TRANSIT, that will keep you up to date and give you some (I hope) interesting reading, history, photos, etc:

http://jacksonvilletransit.blogspot.com/

Some may wonder where's the money? $$ Frankly, it isn't mine, I haven't even gone there... I can only say we do have a rail car builder that is helping to back the "concept" and they would like to build REAL steetcars from my original Jacksonville blueprints right here in our city. THAT is an idea I am really pumped about. They have various others looking at us, asking questions and requesting things like my crash poll of last week. But again, I was thinking of you, MY CITY, and what you want to see. I live on retirement, not corporate income... and until such day comes that major changes go clanging down Water Street, it will stay that way.

Please don't take my posts as a licence to mess up this forum with your own business advertisments. THAT ISN'T FAIR or ALLOWED! Take my word, that if the day comes for JTCO Streetcars to come home, you can all have a ride for free on me! Thanks for understanding my intent.

What we had... (circa 1925, including the Silver-Orange
highlighted lines which we don't have the exact surveys
for at this time) the incurrable romantic want's to know,
will it ever come back?

Ocklawaha

Last edited by Ocklawaha; 05-26-2008 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 09:02 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,469,061 times
Thanks for the clarification, Ocklawaha, and thanks for all you do .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville