Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 AM

11 posts, read 27,154 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Jax area very soon and I am looking for a competitive gym for my daughter. She is a level 3/4. Our current gym does not allow them to compete until they are a solid level 4 because they want them to win and boost their confidence. I have spoken to Starlight Gymnastics and they seem to be the most competitive around. Any input? Suggestions? She is only six and has moved up through the rankings quite quickly. She is a little prodigy down here. :-) My motherly pride is showing. Thanks for any info as all I have to go on right now is websites!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 09:58 AM

589 posts, read 850,646 times
What about TNT Gym, on St. Johns Bluff, just off of Beach Blvd?

I had two daughters that attented gymnastics classes there for a few years, and they loved it.

They have lots of different skill levels, and lots of Championship banners hanging in the gym.

Good Luck.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:04 AM

72 posts, read 464,476 times
My son attended the preschool class at Starlight Gymnastics in Mandarin near 295 & San Jose. They have quite a few gymnasts who are full time & are home-schooled. It was a great program for my son & the owners & instructors are all really nice.

One of the boys in my son's class had an older sister in the program & they seemed very happy with it.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:56 AM

11 posts, read 27,154 times
I called around and Starlight looks like the best option for her and definitely the most competitive. They train up through elite which no gym in our current area does. Thanks again for the suggestions. Really excited to go! I am happy to hear about the preschool program too and that you have a boy that went there. My nephew (that lives in Jax too) will likely be starting preschool classes there when we go up. Thanks again for all of the suggestions. :-) I really appreciate it!

Old 10-17-2009, 12:24 PM

870 posts, read 2,178,984 times
When my son was young, he was on First Coast Gymnastics team. They are in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville. He loved the owner, Andrey.
First Coast Gymnastics

Old 11-05-2015, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 923 times
I know this was a super long time ago, but I was just wondering if you would give an update. We are going through this now and wondered if Starlight did end up being the best. Are you still there? Thank you!!

Old 11-10-2015, 10:41 AM

65 posts, read 70,841 times
Gyminators is located 2 blocks north of san juan and blanding. They have a Level 9 girl there now and have produced a number of successful gymnasts. I know this because my niece is a level 8 in Orlando and she competed against the Level 9s from Gyminators in regionals earlier this year. They have some very good coaches and girls at Gyminators. - Jack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville