Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 02:09 AM

21 posts, read 50,950 times

Advertisements

I used to date someone who lived in PVB back in 96...living in tampa, i would go up there about every other weekend. It was short lived, (relationships in your 20's..((shrugs)) and I havent been in the area since (other than passing thru on 95 once in while)

I remember driving on Butler from A1A...and there was almost NOTHING from when you crossed the Intercoastal til just about Southside Blvd.

So, a week ago or so i was heading back to Tampa from up north, and decided to do a little drive thru of the areas i was familiar with back then. Got off of 95S at JTB and headed towards PVB. WOW! Unbelievable development all along that corridor, and when i came to the 295 interchange, even more amazing. It all looks good tho, and you all should be proud your county can actually get an important roadway link built that circles your city. (If you've been to Tampa, you know what I mean)

So I get to A1A, and am surprised again by the flyover ramps etc...did the drive by of where we used to hang (the remington apts) and then headed south on A1A to take 210 back out to 95 and keep heading home.

This is where i was MOST shocked and amazed. That road was so remote, and dangerous (i remember a certain curve w/literally DOZENS of those roadside memorials at it) and now...wheww what development! I was really looking forward to seeing if the little mom and pop southern style seafood restaurant was still there, right before you crossed the drawbridge. (best blackened fish and red beans and rice==ever!!) Well, imagine my surprise when i was greeted with a 4 lane, HIGH bridge crossing the I-coastal, which then lead into a freeway-like roadway thru what looks to be one day a town of nocatee. i thought i was lost for sure....but somehow i wound up coming to the intersection of US1, where things finally looked familiar again. I knew I was in the right spot when the road that 210 continues on at the next right immediatley crossed the RXR tracks.

When did this all change? Im sure it has been a gradual occurence, and granted 13 years is a long time...but man was I amazed!

Also...what happened to Planet 93.3???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 06:45 AM

233 posts, read 763,765 times
Planet Radio is still around, it moved to 107.3 in 2005. 93.3 is now 93.3 the Beat.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:59 AM

560 posts, read 2,066,223 times
Don't worry, Barbara Jeans is still there (I assume that's the Seafood Place you're talking about?)

Quote:
When did this all change? Im sure it has been a gradual occurence, and granted 13 years is a long time...but man was I amazed!
I honestly don't think it's been that gradual. JTB got a lot of office parks popping up starting in the late 90s and was widened starting in 02, but a ton of the development has been in the past 5 years or so. The JTB/295 interchange is basically brand new. The Town Center Mall area is only a few years old, and still expanding. A lot of those buildings (particularly those apartments near Southpoint) are quite new. The conversion of 210 into a freeway - and the Nocatee development in general - is only a couple of years old, and still ongoing.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:04 PM

21 posts, read 50,950 times
[quote=Joe 4520832257;11327685]Don't worry, Barbara Jeans is still there (I assume that's the Seafood Place you're talking about?)

Is Barbara Jeans what it was called? right before the bridge on the right? old, run down lookin place??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: