Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 AM

41 posts, read 118,120 times

Advertisements

To the best of my knowledge State Farm is not issuing any home policies on State Farm paper for FL. As indicated above they are quoting you with the State Program which should only be used as a last resort if you can't insure with a private insurer. Usually their rates are higher and their coverage is stripped down to very basic. A few years back I remember dealing with them for a few clients claims from a hurricane. I sat on hold for over 30 minutes before being disconnected and when I did reach a claims representative it was someone who had just completed training (a week prior) to take claims. Avoid Citizens if at al possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 05:39 PM

118 posts, read 408,659 times
I have good experience with Joan Warwick insurance which used to be just Nationwide, but I think they now can write for anyone (or have several) and will compare all companies for both homeowners and auto.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:50 PM

275 posts, read 793,223 times
Default Re:Insurance

What can one expect to pay for coverage on a 250K house in the Jacksonville area? How about Fernandina Beach area?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagged34 View Post
My husband and I are in the process of buying a home in Neptune Beach (we are moving from Chicago and the cold, long winters) and need to choose an insurance company for our homeowners insurance policy. We have quotes from AllState, State Farm, and a small private insurance company. We have heard alot about "take-out" companies. The State Farm Insurance agent told my husband that they got an A+ rating and they are somehow affiliated with the state and Citizens Bank (I'm probably somehow getting my facts confused as I am getting a lot of this info second-hand from my husband.) We have both always had State Farm for everything here in Illinois and both of our parents have always used State Farm, but they gave us a MUCH higher quote. Basically, we are looking for any advice at all regarding home insurance companies in Jacksonville and any recommendations. Thank you in advance for your help!

Go with Amica....hands down the best. It's a shareholder owned company, so once you become insure with them, you own part of the company, and get a shareholder distribution from them every year based on their profits. They will also insure for full replacement value, not just the originally appraised value of the home. Do your homework and check www.clarkhoward.com as well!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:00 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Go with Amica....hands down the best.
I agree, Amica is the best. They charge more than anyone else, but they're a very financially sound company...wish I could afford 'em !

Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
Default State Farm Canceling Policies Again

Since we had some insurance threads come up lately, I thought I'd link this article. State Farm is up to their old tricks again ....

State Farm cancels thousands of Fla. policies - Personal finance- msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville