Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 01:09 PM

432 posts, read 1,309,593 times

Advertisements

Well we went to our first game last night. We figure we'll make it an annual tradition of going to see the Colts play when they come down to Jax.

It was really a great time!!! That "Tealgate" they put on last night was alot of fun......the kids had a great time and there was alot to do down there. We encountered so many great Jags fans....most of them just teased us saying things like "Can you guys please pull Peyton out after the first quarter??" Or "Hey I heard Peyton missed the plane!!!!" I don't think most Jags fans thought the game would be as good as it was.....or as competitive. However most Colts/Jags game are great matchups!

The stadium was packed.......it was a great stadium by the way. We sat in section 206 and had really good seats......I think the only ones that wouldn't be good are the ones way up high, but even then not terrible.

I hope fans can renew their interest in the Jags. I know the attendance has been down this year and I really don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to go to the games, but due to cost of the tickets......it can get really expensive quick!!!

I figure we'll probably go to other games while we live here.......we love football.......

Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 01:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
We were "up there" in section 434, which lined up with about the 20 yd line. Not bad seat AT ALL. I've always been impressed by how well the stadium was laid out. Great game, for sure.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:23 PM

250 posts, read 706,495 times
my father and myself have gone to at least 2 per year for the past 3 years or more. i've sat all over the stadium. the worst seats are actually the most lively (the end zone seats). They have the best crowds, but the worst views, especially if the goal post is in your way. up high in the 400s aren't worse than 200s cause you still see the field very well. in the daytime you can also see the river and all the boats that are out tailgating as well. you usually get a nice breeze on the hot days. the best seats i think are the 100s but i think you have to be a touchdown club member for those. oh yeah, i did go the game last night. it was fun until some key mistakes by the jags, especially at the end. one year, maybe two years from now i will get season tickets, unless they bring tim "crybaby" tebow here (yuck).

Old 12-18-2009, 03:06 PM

150 posts, read 577,177 times
Sorry, not to distract from the topic at hand, but I have heard some pretty hilarious Tebow jokes since the crying incident. Since luvingme mentioned it, I'll just say that at least Tim Tebow won the "Criesman" Award this year. Tee hee- I'm done.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:49 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Yes, what a game! We watched it at home and wife and I were very suprised at the Offense that the Jags had, but the Defenses for both Clubs......well, we won't go there. Since I'm from Indiana, I'm for Indy, but the Jags really played a very good game. If only Garrard wouldn't have threw that pass that was intercepted, the Jags could have won that game. Boy would that have made the News!
Good Luck Jags for the rest of the season!!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:54 AM

yeah if Garrard wouldn't have overthrown that last pass our Colts would be 13-1. Great game, good stadium and oh we got out of there SO fast last night.....they were really on the ball with exiting the stadium and the parking garage......we were pleased.

we'll probably go again to another Jags game.......

i'd like to see the Dolphins.......I'm a Michigan alum and with Chad Henne and Jake Long on their team it would be fun to watch.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:10 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
The stadium was packed.......it was a great stadium by the way. We sat in section 206 and had really good seats......I think the only ones that wouldn't be good are the ones way up high, but even then not terrible.

Amy
We have 4 season tickets way up high and they are FANTASTIC seats. Our tickets on are the 50-yard line, and we can see all of the plays develop.
I hear comments from the people behind me, and the comments are always that these seats are so great to see EVERYTHING.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
We have 4 season tickets way up high and they are FANTASTIC seats. Our tickets on are the 50-yard line, and we can see all of the plays develop.
I hear comments from the people behind me, and the comments are always that these seats are so great to see EVERYTHING.
that is good to know! I really thought the stadium was great.....good layout, good parking and it was so easy to get out of there after.....I've been to other stadiums where you sit in traffic FOREVER and we didn't this time at all. We also stayed to the very end of the game........

We'll go again. I think we were closer to the 15 yard line down in 206 and we had great seats.....I never felt like I had to strain to see the action like you do in other stadiums. Good to know that the upper decks are that way as well.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville