Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 05:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,263 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
We are relocating to Jacksonville later this year and visited in March to look at neighbourhoods etc. We especially liked Eagle Harbor, would like to hear from anyone living there - it sounds too good to be true what if any are the downsides?
My husband will have a mobile business which will cover an area the other side of the river so will be crossing the Buckman Bridge (I295) west to east in the morning rush hour, can anyone advise what the traffic is like in this direction? and conversely in the evening back to Orange Park.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 05:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Hi diane
Eagle Harbor is nice. My sister is next door in Flemming Island, she looked at EH first but decided on FI .
Ahhh the Buckman
Morning rush hour heading that way starts early I have seen traffic as early as 6:45 am.
My sister leave sher house around 8:30 and the traffic has eased a little by then.
The biggest problem with heading back over the bridge in the evening is the traffic merging from 95 to 295. Now that they have opened 9A to 295 that is the way I would recommend. You want to be on 295 heading to the bridge by 4:15 if you don't want the wait to get off on rt 17. Or wait till closer to 6.
One big thing is you will get the "yoyos" that feel they don't have to wait in the traffic to get off the exit, they will wait till right before and try to cut in front of you while going 55 mph. So stay pretty close to the car in front of you.
His best bet at first would be to try the drive at different times to see what works best. Believe it or not 5 mins one way or the other can make a big difference.

Oh yeah and because if wouldn't be a "karla post" unless I mentioned pizza
Dominics in FI is really really good
A early welcome
Karla

Old 05-23-2007, 02:24 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,452,075 times
Hi Diane,

Have you looked on the other side of the river, where your husband will be working?

There are plenty of nice neighborhoods, many of them planned developments with all the amenities, if that's what you're looking for.

If your husband will be covering a territory all day, adding the commute - and it can be brutal - on top of it might be stressful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville