Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,468 times

Advertisements

Ummmm..."dominiquespringer1971," I totally agree with what you have to say about Seattle... but, um, well, it would have been sooo much easier to read if you split your sentences/thoughts up and included some punctuation marks.

Please don't get me wrong, no insult intended as I'm no English language master. But, what you said was right-on-point! It just made for a difficult ride navigating through your run-on-paragraph.

It's funny cuz people come to VISIT here and THINK Seattleites/ Washingtonians are so "nice" and "polite." Um... hmmm ...how do I say this subtly....? OK... forget the subtleties... SEATTLEITES ARE NOT NICE!!! You are so right, they do NOT have manners and WILL (figuratively- and, sometimes, literally-speaking) run over you.

I came to Seattle COMPLETELY unbiased, having heard nothing beforehand about the place or the people. But... a little while later... jumpin' jehosaphat! I realized that Seattle was the poster child for passive-aggressiveness. Yes, with a smile, a 12-inch blade will be gently embedded between your left and right scapulae. You'll hardly know it's happening, at first.

OK... *snarl*... I know some will hate me for those comments and deem ME to be the odd one that "probably couldn't fit in." Um, okay. I'll own that. I know there are nice, polite, caring people EVERYWHERE. But, my experience (actually, mine and numerous others') is that the "personality" of Seattle is rude, passive-aggressive and cold. They suffer from long-sticks-stuck-up-their-*sses.

There, I said it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,953 times
Yorukosan... I am moving to Jax approximately 6-7 weeks. I am looking to rent or buy in the Riverside/Avondale, San Marco, South Riverside area. If you are still looking for a roommate private message me and maybe we can talk. I am 28 and have lived in the region before (Savannah, Ga and Gainesville, Fl), but never in Jax.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 AM

2 posts, read 2,749 times
I'm coming from Washington, DC to JAX and I hope all is going to go well. I just picked this town out of the top of my head. I'm ready to move South, but not to far South.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:23 AM

134 posts, read 437,626 times
Hi Yorukosan,
I created a City-Data Social Group called "RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS" that might be helpful to you. Check it out. Good luck with your move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville