Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 20,420 times

Advertisements

Ok so here is the situation. iAm currently looking for an apartment, but no place that iHave been interested will accept me with an eviction..are there any places that will accept me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 20,420 times
Me and my bff are looking for a 2/2 (2/1-2/1.5 is fine) She was evicted from her apartments, BUT they came to an agreement that if she pays them they will not put the eviction on her credit .. she has a month or so left and she will be complete. iDidn't know the apartments iLived in filed an eviction..iWas in my last month there. So far apartment complexes aren't working out, so now what?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 PM

471 posts, read 1,829,721 times
Have you tried privately owned rentals? There are many on craigslist. Private owners are more flexible

Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,498,609 times
iCan't believe that iAm actually able to understand what iAm reading in your post. Slightly annoying. LOL

An eviction is a legal/civil proceeding. If the landlord actually went through with it, then it's on your record and there's nothing you can do about it. And, to say that you "didn't know" isn't really believable. When the eviction notices (plural) are served, you get papers either 1)hand delivered, or 2)posted on your door where you can see it. If you're about the get evicted, you WILL know it.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,248 times
My family and i are moving to Jacksonville Fl. Im a veteran and were looking for a place to stay temporary. We need it for about 2 months. Im a medically retired veteran so i dont want something that is very expensive. 2 adults and 2 childrean 9 and 12. Also i have a cat. Please help you can email me at [email]rbridget.crafter@gmail.com[/email]

Old 07-19-2016, 01:28 PM

237 posts, read 496,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdrich7 View Post
Me and my bff are looking for a 2/2 (2/1-2/1.5 is fine) She was evicted from her apartments, BUT they came to an agreement that if she pays them they will not put the eviction on her credit .. she has a month or so left and she will be complete. iDidn't know the apartments iLived in filed an eviction..iWas in my last month there. So far apartment complexes aren't working out, so now what?

If you are being evicted you will know it. Even if somehow you missed all the process servers, you are not going to miss the Huge Red Notice posted by the sheriff. And it is expensive to evict people, so no landlord is doing it unless he has to.

Having said all that I have taken tenants with eviction, but it all depends. There story for why there evicted has to be believable and I have to be sure they can now pay rent on time and they must put up 2 months security deposit. But honestly in the current market will I can rent a property in a day, I doubt I would be taking someone that has an eviction unless it was maybe 10 years ago.

So if I were you I would have some solid reason for why you were evicted and explain why your circumstances are different now and paying rent will not be a problem and offer to pay additional security deposit. If you do not have sufficient funds, I know I would not be interested in renting to you, so I doubt many others would be either, but you might always find some clueless landlord out there.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:55 PM

375 posts, read 444,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbridget View Post
My family and i are moving to Jacksonville Fl. Im a veteran and were looking for a place to stay temporary. We need it for about 2 months. Im a medically retired veteran so i dont want something that is very expensive. 2 adults and 2 childrean 9 and 12. Also i have a cat. Please help you can email me at rbridget.crafter@gmail.com
Post this as a new thread. I am afraid as a response to an old thread it may get over looked. I am sure some one can help point you to something that will work for you.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:30 PM

237 posts, read 496,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbridget View Post
My family and i are moving to Jacksonville Fl. Im a veteran and were looking for a place to stay temporary. We need it for about 2 months. Im a medically retired veteran so i dont want something that is very expensive. 2 adults and 2 childrean 9 and 12. Also i have a cat. Please help you can email me at rbridget.crafter@gmail.com
I would recommend looking at the extended stay hotels. It would be hard to get a rental house for 2 months unless it is a dump and the apartments will probably increase your rates for month to month if you can find one. Though I am not sure the extended stay hotels are inexpensive.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:23 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdrich7 View Post
Ok so here is the situation. iAm currently looking for an apartment, but no place that iHave been interested will accept me with an eviction..are there any places that will accept me?

If it lasts more than 4 hours see your doctor!

SS

Old 08-24-2016, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,984 times
I'am planning on to relocate to Jacksonville area in Nov to start my life over ,but I do have a eviction on my record can someone help me locate any company that will rent to but Iam going to be living at a extended stay hotel until I find me an apartment or house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville