Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 AM

37 posts, read 114,481 times

Advertisements

We are coming down to St. Augustine area at the end of Feb. and wanted to drive through a few different neighborhoods and check out the ammenities but not waste a real estate agents time as we plan on renting the first year.

Is there open houses on Sundays?

Would it be better to view a builders spec house to gain access?

We are not ready to buy yet, but would like to narrow it down to a few areas and then rent in the one we like best hoping to buy or build a year later.

Any other ideas of how to gain access to these gated communities would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 01:24 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,498,609 times
Some agents probably wouldn't mind helping you now, just to secure future business...as long as you're open to that.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:52 PM

I'm sure an agent would help us, but I will have our kids with and would take our time looking at our own pace over a few days and not be stuck to a schedule. We are not that interested in viewing the insides of houses now, we are more interested in finding the right subdivision.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:17 PM

Yep, that makes sense. I wasn't even suggesting that an agent show you the inside of any houses. We, collectively, are able to provide much more than a door-opening service to potential customers. A knowledgeable agent should be able to give you plenty of information about several gated communities, which is what you wanted to know. You could make a few phone calls to a couple of brokerages, or get a referral from someone local, then make 1 appointment to meet the agent and get the information you're seeking and be on your merry way with your family.

Good luck with your trip! City-Data is definitely a good resource, too.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:56 PM

530 posts, read 1,350,919 times
Don't know if you would be open to Ponte Vedra as opposed to St Aug but if so come and vistit Nocatee, Coastal Oaks to be specific. New homeowner here and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:22 PM

Nocatee is an option. I do not believe any of their communities are gated so that should be easy to visit. I'm a little worried about how long it will take to be fully developed. If I need to relocate I would take a killing from all the builders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
Don't know if you would be open to Ponte Vedra as opposed to St Aug but if so come and vistit Nocatee, Coastal Oaks to be specific. New homeowner here and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 PM

Nocatee is a long-term, 20-year project. You'll definitely be competing with the builders if you had to try to sell in a few years. They're busy getting the main water park facility ready for opening this year. I drove by there a few weeks ago, and they're getting close. There is also a Publix Grocery store opening there, too, and I think it's already in business.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
If you only want to view gated communities, I think you will need a realtor's help. I could be wrong, but it would seem complicated for you gain access randomly.

Gated is not so common here in NEFL. In South Florida, you'll see a lot more gated communities. Here in NorthEast Florida, it's a small percentage.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 AM

530 posts, read 1,350,919 times
As far as Coastal Oaks goes in Nocatee-it is gated. Yes, if relocated you would be competing with the builder, but in this market does that really matter? I have lived in the area for 6 years and there is nothing in Jax area that compares with living here. The amenities ( the Water park is opening late March as is the 5000 square foot fitness center----Coastal Oaks also has its own adult and kids pool as well as a small fitness center) are top notch.The Publix is opening 2-13 (the largest Publix in N Florida). Some of the nature trails are already built and most of the road infrastructure is either completed or well under way. It is about a 10 minute drive to the beach, but expect excellent insurance rates due to the fact that it is on the west side of the intercoastal and because of the strict building requirements. There are a couple resales right now in Coastal Oaks due to some lay offs. There are also a couple of Quick Delivery Homes available from Toll if you don't want to deal with building. We have a beautiful neighborhood here , come check it out. You will be able to gain access to the community by coming in and visiting the sales center. The guard at the gate will ask for ID and then you can either tour the models , or just drive around the neighborhood .

Old 02-12-2010, 07:30 PM

Thanks for everyone's input. Don, I will definitely be checking out your neighborhood. I hope you guys can brew me up some sun and 70's for a day or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: