Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM

6 posts, read 27,594 times

Advertisements

I think there is a McDonalds, Starbucks and other fast food on 210 where you get on 95. You can search for nearby stores using google search. Big Box shopping would be more like 15-10 minutes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 02:03 PM

63 posts, read 215,296 times
20 min to micky D's ... That's just not so.. If you go left on race track rd on to San Jose (13) it's right there on the right.. In front of publix...

Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM

63 posts, read 215,296 times
Oh and starbucks is on racetrack at 13. .. Just go right at the end of racetrack.. Great location weblive in durbin north everything is as close as I would want it..

Old 03-22-2010, 08:33 AM

53 posts, read 212,629 times
From Durbin to Club Mickey Dees is about 5-7 minutes. There are two of 'em on CR 210.
Target is about 20 minutes. Wal-Mart closer.
Also a Starbucks on CR 210, near I-95.
We visit on CR 210 McD's, BK, La Nopalera (mexican), The Loop, Subway, Firehouse Subs, Dominos, some mom & pop pizza joints, Chicago Pizza Bakery, and other stuff too.
I realize that depending on where you live, stuff on San Jose near Julington Creek may be closer.

Most everything is "about a 20 min drive" -- ha!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 PM

8 posts, read 25,104 times
I live on CR210 in St Johns Forest, which our back entrance is not that far from Durbin Crossing. It isn't 20 minutes to a McDonalds. There are two McDonalds, a Subway, and a Burger King on Cr210. The Burger King & Subway are near the entrance to SJF. One McDonalds is about 2 minutes away (near the truck stop everyone is talking about) and the other is less than 5 minutes away down by Publix. Starbucks is less than a minute away. There is also a Winn Dixie, CVS & Walgreens, a couple of pizza places & other small restaurants but no huge chain restaurants. Those are about 15min away in Mandarin in one direction or over by Baymeadows/9A in the other direction. There are a couple of pub type restaurants, a sushi place, a japanese steakhouse, italian places, a little diner, and a few others. Besides groceries, shopping is almost non-existent.

The whole of Saint Johns County isn't as commercially developed as some other areas... I think on purpose to retain the beauty and natural settings of the homes. I don't know how much you've checked out or what your price range is but some other areas to consider are Julington Creek, Ponte Vedra Beach, World Golf Village, Saint Augustine... each with many distinct neighborhoods.

Here are a couple of links for you to check out. This one breaks down 92 St Johns neighborhoods on a map. When you click on the neighborhood name, it show you the houses for sale in that community. Map of Saint Johns County Subdivisions This second link is pretty cool too. If you look over in the far right sidebar there is a drop down titled "Northeast Florida Homes Choose a Community" The drop down brings up the names of the area neighborhoods. When you click on the neighborhood, it pops up a little description and some of the homes for sale. Not all the communities are SJC but many are. Plantation at Ponte Vedra MLS Listings

Good luck!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfmom View Post
I live on CR210 in St Johns Forest, which our back entrance is not that far from Durbin Crossing. It isn't 20 minutes to a McDonalds. There are two McDonalds, a Subway, and a Burger King on Cr210. The Burger King & Subway are near the entrance to SJF. One McDonalds is about 2 minutes away (near the truck stop everyone is talking about) and the other is less than 5 minutes away down by Publix. Starbucks is less than a minute away. There is also a Winn Dixie, CVS & Walgreens, a couple of pizza places & other small restaurants but no huge chain restaurants. Those are about 15min away in Mandarin in one direction or over by Baymeadows/9A in the other direction. There are a couple of pub type restaurants, a sushi place, a japanese steakhouse, italian places, a little diner, and a few others. Besides groceries, shopping is almost non-existent.

The whole of Saint Johns County isn't as commercially developed as some other areas... I think on purpose to retain the beauty and natural settings of the homes. I don't know how much you've checked out or what your price range is but some other areas to consider are Julington Creek, Ponte Vedra Beach, World Golf Village, Saint Augustine... each with many distinct neighborhoods.

Here are a couple of links for you to check out. This one breaks down 92 St Johns neighborhoods on a map. When you click on the neighborhood name, it show you the houses for sale in that community. Map of Saint Johns County Subdivisions This second link is pretty cool too. If you look over in the far right sidebar there is a drop down titled "Northeast Florida Homes Choose a Community" The drop down brings up the names of the area neighborhoods. When you click on the neighborhood, it pops up a little description and some of the homes for sale. Not all the communities are SJC but many are. Plantation at Ponte Vedra MLS Listings

Good luck!

Thanks! Those are really helpful links.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:44 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,261 times
those are nice links even if I'm not in the market.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:42 PM

8 posts, read 25,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
Thanks! Those are really helpful links.
You're welcome. I thought they would be helpful for someone not familiar with the area. If you look at the map of the 92 communities, and look just north of the area with all the orange dots showing the SJC communities, you'll see the dense web of yellow lines. Those are roads... roads with businesses (mainly in Duval County) Now if you'll look down to the orange St Johns County dots again you'll see fewer roads and more open spaces. That's what most of NW SJC is like. Lots of neighborhoods & nature/water areas but fewer businesses. So, there aren't many areas "closer in". Pretty much each area has a few things near them for daily living and they have to commute for the rest. But it is very safe, pretty and has great schools. So the trade off is a longer drive to shopping & dining and other errands.

I like Palm Valley or Ponte Vedra Beach because it's still pretty, safe & in SJC and by going A1A into Jax Beach, Neptune Beach or Atlantic Beach you can find most of what you need. Everything else is a short ride on JTB, Beach or Atlantic Blvd. The beaches area also has a more relaxed attitude & the beach is RIGHT THERE.

I remember moving here & just trying to figure out the personalities of each place was so important! Again good luck & hope I helped.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 AM

12 posts, read 35,353 times
Finally closing on my home in North Durbin on Monday! I can't wait!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccoy View Post
Finally closing on my home in North Durbin on Monday! I can't wait!

Congrats...very exciting! I can't wait to get over there for our househunting trip next weekend to see for myself. I really like everything about DC that I can find online, but I'm looking forward to seeing it all in person.

What builder did you decide to go with? Is it a new construction? Any advice on looking at homes in DC?

And what did you find out about the fence restrictions?

Last edited by hlauburn; 04-02-2010 at 11:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville