Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:35 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
You already know. Cities that have millions of people don't have the greatest quality of life. Raleigh and Charlotte come to mind, metros over 1 million but have excellent quality of life and education.
That possibly may be true, but years of bad leadership is to blame for that. Jax is a cool city which will make people want to move there once its totally exposed. When that happens the folks with the right traits will make the city what they want it to be. Its all in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldee View Post
Sounds like you're a little angry,Flyimetro. Why is this? People such as yourself who are intelligent, strong, hard-working, rich,and attractive should be happier? My point about LA is that it is way big. Hopefully Jacksonville will plan better. Yes Jacksonville will grow.
lol no no no lol Im not rich. probably not even attractive, BUT i do work hard at both my jobs lol. Its kinda like foreigner moving to this country...Im all for it. but some hate it because they either do not want to compete, didnt make proper investments or hate others in general. Complaining about traffic should be directed to city leadership...not the people driving. Like You said HOPEFULLY ALL AMERICAN CITIES WILL PLAN....instead of making short term choices...something Jax has been doing since 68,

Old 03-07-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Exactly, it's about quality not quantity.

FlyiMetro, you cant say that a place like Raleigh NC, which attracts a lot of educated people from all over, isnt a great place because it doesnt have millions of people. In fact, in regards to quality of life, education, etc, it would run circles around your big cities.

Like Northside said, it's about quality not quantity.
What is raleigh? not familiar with that place.
What is quality? Let us play with that word bit.

You are going out with your buddies one club is full of fat ugly chicks and the other is full of attractive women. Same amount of women in both venues, cover is the same. Which bar are you going into?

What is quality?

You are a supervisor/manager at a great company...you have two new employees. One does everything they are asked to do, the other slacks off and is just a bad employee altogether. Which one would you terminate?

What is quality?

You have two equally attractive women that want to be with you. One is really smart, the other is an airhead...again which one would you choose?

What is quality?

What is quality?

great topic folks.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,476,740 times
Charlotte has a great quality of life if you are willing to pay a good bit of taxes for it.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:20 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,826,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
The idea of what? High population just creates compition. Some folks can not really handle compition. I am not sure why you were modded, but again compition isn't for the weak or lAzy. Its nothing personal my guy. I just read some people saying they would hate for Jax population to...the truth is they hate to compete.
I think I said "WT F" and it got deleted I guess. Sorry, didnt know that was not allowed if you're reading this mod. It was nothing against you, I just think that acronym may be prohibited on this forum.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM

[quote=FlyiMetro;13198949]What is raleigh? not familiar with that place.
What is quality? Let us play with that word bit. Quality of life. you hadnt heard that term before?

You are going out with your buddies one club is full of fat ugly chicks and the other is full of attractive women. Same amount of women in both venues, cover is the same. Which bar are you going into? The one with fat chicks. It would keep me out of trouble, being that I'm a married man.

What is quality?

You are a supervisor/manager at a great company...you have two new employees. One does everything they are asked to do, the other slacks off and is just a bad employee altogether. Which one would you terminate?

What is quality?

You have two equally attractive women that want to be with you. One is really smart, the other is an airhead...again which one would you choose?

What is quality?

What is quality?

great topic folks.

LOL, what's Raleigh? You never heard of Raleigh? Where do you live?

Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
Charlotte has a great quality of life if you are willing to pay a good bit of taxes for it.
I dont even think the taxes are really that high actually. Unless they've gone up drastically in the last several yrs. How much and what taxes are you referring to?

Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,476,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I dont even think the taxes are really that high actually. Unless they've gone up drastically in the last several yrs. How much and what taxes are you referring to?
Personal Property (can't remember the mileage rate), Sales Tax (8.5%), property tax (1.2973 per $100), state income tax (6-9.75%)

Old 03-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Yup, sales tax is high. Income tax stinks too! But the states that do not have a state income tax get you in other ways!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 PM

income taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville