Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2007, 07:12 PM

13 posts, read 61,561 times

Advertisements

sea food restaurant in st augustine....can anyone recommend a great or very good sea food restaurant in st augustine? Me and hubby are looking to get out with out the kids for dinner on sunday night...help please...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 06:26 PM

11 posts, read 39,417 times
There are several...

Red Lobster, O'Steen's, the Conch House (Anastasia Island), the Santa Maria (downtown), OC Whites (downtown), Saltwater Cowboys (Anastasia Island), JT's Seafood Shack (Palm Coast, just past Marineland. Awesome.), Schooners, Barnacle Bills (Anastasia Island), Creekside Dinery, Marty's, South Beach Grill (Anastasia Island), Hurricane Patties

Personally, I'd go with JTs, South Beach or Patties. JMO.

Good luck though...I've heard good stuff about all of them

Old 06-05-2007, 06:42 PM

495 posts, read 2,325,066 times
Osteens has outstanding fried shrimp.

It is a small place and usually there is a line outside waiting to get in.

Get their early

Old 06-07-2007, 08:10 PM

13 posts, read 61,561 times
Default Thanks

Will try some ......looking for good fresh not red Lobster types though....we came from up in New Jersey 4 years ago to tampa area and thought we would find really fresh seafood here and boy were we wrong...we had TERRIFIC seafood restaurants up in Jersey ....fresh scallops and lobster and fish that were broiled not fried....we dont care for much fried ...but you all gave us a few places to check out atleast...thanks a bunch ....

Old 06-08-2007, 04:39 PM

265 posts, read 992,240 times
Gerri,
We just stopped at a small restaurant today and had a couple of awesome grouper sandwiches. It was located right over the bridge going towards the lighthouse on the left. I think it was called Captain Jacks, the owner came out and greeted us and stated they had been in business now for 3 months and had a wonderful chef who had just won a contest for "Best Key Lime Pie". Well let me tell you the sandwiches were great and the KL pie was the best we had ever had. Try them out we really liked it.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:33 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,171,575 times
So glad to hear of this place- I will definitely put it on my "go to" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawstudent View Post
Gerri,
We just stopped at a small restaurant today and had a couple of awesome grouper sandwiches. It was located right over the bridge going towards the lighthouse on the left. I think it was called Captain Jacks, the owner came out and greeted us and stated they had been in business now for 3 months and had a wonderful chef who had just won a contest for "Best Key Lime Pie". Well let me tell you the sandwiches were great and the KL pie was the best we had ever had. Try them out we really liked it.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 10,375 times
I find the grouper sadwich at Mango-Mangos is the best around. It's on A1A and A Street on Anastasia Island. They also have a wonderful fresh salad with mango dressing as a side rather than the usual fries. And the coconut shrimp are the best in town.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,806 times
I second Schooners and Mango-Mangos. Schooners has been my favorite place to eat in St. Augustine for ages. If they have it that night, try the macaroni and cheese side. Yummy!!
I just went to Mango-Mangos for the first time when my friend graduated, and it was really good too.
Also, there's a place called Oasis right by the beach. Never had any seafood there, but the things I have had rocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville