Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:11 PM

870 posts, read 2,175,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcalli View Post
Main reason I joined is that it was a requirement at the gun club I wanted to join. The club has a range that is open all year around and is "free" to members to use virtually any time they want to shoot. I can take anyone in my family or a guest, so it's a pretty good deal for us. I'm glad I joined and have been a member for several years now.
I'm interested. I shot my first gun tonight, and I loved it!
Where is this fun club?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 10:35 PM

301 posts, read 1,544,747 times
There are a lot of good deals out there right now.I purchaced a gun two weeks ago at Green Acres on the west side.A good price and they had ammo on sale so a picked up some for my other weapons.Have been stopping in at the Gun/pawn shops(Middleburg across from new Gate Petro station) and there are some good deals.Folks are needing cash,so something has to go.Also joined a outdoor range. here is a link to there web site. GRPC Home They also allow you to take along your kids.So the can learn the right way to handle a firearm and respect its power.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 PM

301 posts, read 1,544,747 times
Also if you don't have a CCW.Take the time and money and get it done.Its a small amount of leg work getting all your info together.But sure saves time when buying a weapon.And adds the comfort of being able to protect you and your family if necessary.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,716,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970pelle View Post
Also if you don't have a CCW.Take the time and money and get it done.Its a small amount of leg work getting all your info together.But sure saves time when buying a weapon.And adds the comfort of being able to protect you and your family if necessary.
I have a CCW. Thanks for the advice. Others should follow.

Having a CCW allows carrying any legal weapon concealed (not just firearms). No waiting period for buying a gun, either.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 AM

445 posts, read 1,341,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
Having a CCW allows carrying any legal weapon concealed (not just firearms).
Not to nitpick, but this isn't *entirely* true.
Unless it's changed, FL law specifies 'handguns' in the CCW law nomenclature- so, you can't conceal-carry a long gun. Seems stupid, but you'd be amazed what people 'want to do' once they get a CCW.

Also, I think there is some weirdness as far as certain 'non gun' type weapons.

Really, the bible for this sort of thing is here
Florida Firearms -- Law, Use & Ownership BOOK FOR SALE by Author JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq.

If you're a FL Gun owner, Carry Permit holder or just want to be an informed person when the topic comes up (since this is one issue where everyone thinks they know everything, even though none of them do), spend the $29 and buy that book.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:26 PM

134 posts, read 328,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer1 View Post
Not to nitpick, but this isn't *entirely* true.
Unless it's changed, FL law specifies 'handguns' in the CCW law nomenclature- so, you can't conceal-carry a long gun. Seems stupid, but you'd be amazed what people 'want to do' once they get a CCW.

Also, I think there is some weirdness as far as certain 'non gun' type weapons.

Really, the bible for this sort of thing is here
Florida Firearms -- Law, Use & Ownership BOOK FOR SALE by Author JON H. GUTMACHER, Esq.

If you're a FL Gun owner, Carry Permit holder or just want to be an informed person when the topic comes up (since this is one issue where everyone thinks they know everything, even though none of them do), spend the $29 and buy that book.
Having a CCW in Florida also allows you to carry batons and tasers.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 PM

28 posts, read 60,083 times
Florida Gun Trader is a great place to find used firearms in your area also.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,017,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
Having a CCW in Florida also allows you to carry batons and tasers.
And switchblades.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,259,990 times
i got mine from shooters on the southside

Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,482,238 times
Shooters apparently has a sale going on this weekend, starting tomorrow. Shooters Firearms and Gun Accessories I don't know if any of the sale items are top quality and if the prices are significantly lower than regular prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville