Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,482,219 times

Advertisements

Like you said - a lot of local people work at the Ritz Carlton. It's the third largest emloyer in Nassau County (behind the Board of Public Education and the Amelia Island Plantation) with about 600 employees. The Ritz-Carlton was also named among the Best Places to Work 2008 by the Jacksonville Business Journal.

And - when you get spa treatments - it's normal to give a nice tip for good service - and that money goes directly into the pocket of one of your neighbors. So - when you do anything at the Ritz Carlton - you really are supporting the local economy.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant you dined at last spring? If I'm not familiar with it - I'd like to check it out. Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
So - when you do anything at the Ritz Carlton - you really are supporting the local economy.
Indeed. But I think I'll let the people who can better afford it support that particular segment of the local economy.
There are plenty of other choices, and as I said before, we don't go out all that much to begin with. We're close to downtown, and that is where we tend to go.
Quote:
Do you remember the name of the restaurant you dined at last spring? If I'm not familiar with it - I'd like to check it out. Robyn
It's called Merge. It's on 8th, heading towards downtown, in the space formerly known as As You Like It.
Check it out on Urbanspoon.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:17 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,482,219 times
Thanks for the restaurant info. We'll keep the place in mind next time we're in Fernandina Beach. Robyn

Old 02-14-2015, 08:52 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

It's called Merge. It's on 8th, heading towards downtown, in the space formerly known as As You Like It.
Update on Merge. It is going to be something else:

Gilbert's Underground Kitchen

I think the guy who previously cooked for Merge is moving downtown.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:14 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Ollie, just click on the blue Link in post #2.
I'm looking for the info on the same link. I just clicked on it...it went to nowhere land, saying "no such info with the words searched".

Old 02-15-2015, 06:20 AM

5,133 posts, read 6,129,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
I'm looking for the info on the same link. I just clicked on it...it went to nowhere land, saying "no such info with the words searched".

Use the search feature and you will find a a lot info on this area........or post some specific questions or concerns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville