Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whats the richest area of Jax
Ortega 7 21.21%
Ponte Vedra 21 63.64%
Mandarin 3 9.09%
other 3 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:22 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,475,922 times

Advertisements

bingo cricketfan. My wife and I still drive 100k cars because they are paid for. The money I would be paying in a car note goes into the bank or towards home improvements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times
So, which areas of Jax would a person find the Jag/BMW/Lexus/Benz parked at? Aren't those people rich who have a nice looking house with a very nicely landscaped backyard with a dock/nice boat sitting next to it? As we are heading down Goodby's Creek (from the ramp area) toward the St. John's River, we see these homes!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:27 PM

432 posts, read 1,303,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Don't be deceived. Some of those folks you think are rich living in areas you think are rich areas are up to their eyeballs in debt. The only way to measure wealth is to know a person's NET worth. Subtract what they owe the bank and you might be surprised! Of course we are not privy to that kinda information so we fall for the big house and the Jag/BMW/Lexus/Benz. You get my drift.
totally agree! I have a friend who sells real estate and she drives a BMW. She doesn't make a ton of money and said that having the nice car and nice clothes makes her appear more successful to clients and sometimes helps to influence them.....

Most of my friends who have alot of money ARE the people who shop at Target and drive cars longer.....they don't flaunt the money. They just have it.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,475,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
So, which areas of Jax would a person find the Jag/BMW/Lexus/Benz parked at? Aren't those people rich who have a nice looking house with a very nicely landscaped backyard with a dock/nice boat sitting next to it? As we are heading down Goodby's Creek (from the ramp area) toward the St. John's River, we see these homes!
well, going down 13, anything between that road and the river will be nice simply because it is higher priced real estate.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:02 AM

16 posts, read 27,022 times
First of all, does amount of money make people rich? But that is besides the point.

I think, all depends on how people feel about themselves. Two different persons with the same amount of money could feel differently.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:29 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,715,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QHOA View Post
First of all, does amount of money make people rich? But that is besides the point.

I think, all depends on how people feel about themselves. Two different persons with the same amount of money could feel differently.
So I guess if you feel rich, then you must be rich. I don't think so.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times
People.......we are getting away from the OP's question. So, again, where in Jax would I see new-to-fairly new Jags, Benz, Vets, BMW's being driven around?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,715,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
People.......we are getting away from the OP's question. So, again, where in Jax would I see new-to-fairly new Jags, Benz, Vets, BMW's being driven around?
So if they are being driven around Jax, how would you know where they live? A better question would be where can you find the most luxurious homes, And even then you could be misled ... The stock market crash took an axe to many of those rich areas.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:10 PM

7,773 posts, read 10,062,231 times
I voted for ortega because I remembered once reading this:
Quote:
Worth Magazine ranked Ortega 46th among the nation's top 50 wealthiest neighborhoods.
Northeast Florida Real Estate (http://www.coastaljacksonville.com/communities.php#ortega - broken link)

And we had this thread a year ago: //www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...lle-duval.html

Just realized I made the same comment then too

Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,914,985 times
My vote Ortega for old money and Ponte Vedra for nouveau riche ... if I had to generalize (there are exceptions to every rule).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: