Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 04:18 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times

Advertisements

As of Tuesday, the Northside landmark went on sale for the aforementioned price. I remember being a regular there when I was younger and now it's basically a ghost town. Very few stores reside and of the stores that have opened up, they cater to an inner-city clientele which the area is inner-city. It's just off I-95, in the 5200 blk of Norwood Ave in the heart of North Jacksonville. At the time, it was the Northside's equivalent of Southside's Regency Mall because it was bustling with business. Folk from South GA and all over NE Florida would come through. A half-mile down the road lies another abandoned shopping center at 44th & Pearl Sts. That could definitely stand to be demolished or something more useful could be put in its place. I hate to see abandoned stuff of any kind because it gives the Northside the look and feel of death

Gateway Town Center up for sale | jacksonville.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 PM

233 posts, read 766,527 times
I've been in that mall a few times over the last couple of years, and it seems like half the mall is vacant. That being said, it seemed kinda scary walking in the mall. Not only that, there are also some outdated things in the mall such as ads for promotions tied into Super Bowl XXXIX (which, of course, was 5 years ago). The only good thing out of these experiences is the inside of the mall has a late '80s-early '90s feel to it.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:23 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
LOL, half the mall is pretty vacant. It can be scary at times walking through the mall as you'll see a questionable clientele just hanging out, loitering, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville