Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,832,698 times

Advertisements

^^^ Yes. To answer the OP, St Augustine is a nice little town. Pretty touristy and probably has a higher median age then a lot of other cities in North FL.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,623,071 times
After 12 years on the west coast we will be moving to St Aug next week and cannot wait

Old 07-07-2014, 11:52 AM

23 posts, read 38,072 times
Default Family and kid friendly?

Sorry to revive a dead thread...nonetheless, how is st augustine compared to let say Orlando for families with small children?

Old 07-07-2014, 12:42 PM

and after 4 years we have no regrets at all

Old 07-07-2014, 12:53 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,334,018 times
Comparing St Augustine to Orlando is like comparing Marilyn Monroe to Marilyn Manson.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 AM

398 posts, read 1,288,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by judeK View Post
Comparing St Augustine to Orlando is like comparing Marilyn Monroe to Marilyn Manson.
lolololol

Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 AM

398 posts, read 1,288,978 times
To continue the conversation, I am also interested in learning more about living in St. Augustine. Can someone address the housing communities? HOA's? Or are many homes stand alone? TIA!

Old 07-11-2014, 12:50 PM

There are several housing communities in St Augustine the largest being the Shores . Most houses are stand alone
Many new small sub divisions being built as the economy improves
There are different areas of St Augustine , beaches, city, near city, rural , then areas near St Aug such as World Golf Village and Nocattee
We need some more information to avoid generalizing
Do you need elem, middle or high schools, the island, the city etc?

Old 07-11-2014, 05:24 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,388,060 times
For anyone talking about this - one has to draw lines and differentiate. There is the city of St. Augustine. There is the zip code of St. Augustine. And then there are large parts of St. Johns County that aren't in either. Robyn

Old 07-15-2014, 08:46 AM

307 posts, read 557,915 times
Everything said in the threads about St. Augustine is true. We have many memories of this cute little town (starting to look like a city now...the way it's spreading out)...our daughter graduated from Flagler College and got married there. We searched for the right house to rent... but we must have come during the high season (January...when the snowbirds are flocking in from everywhere it snows) and didn't find a house to our liking and price. We ended up...and regrettably, in Palm Coast, just 20 some miles south of St. Augustine. But we are at least just a short drive to St. Augustine. Someone asked about humidity...and heat? I didn't see a reply. YES! It gets hot...in the mid, hi 80s and more. Lately, it's hit the 90s...with very high humidity. Right now, as I'm writing this, my weather station in my home is registering 90%. But it's still cool...about 76F. It's still early. It will get much higher later. So will the humidity. The humidity drives my wife crazy. I love it...I grew up in the tropics in the Far East. But can't help but notice....folks come to Florida for the heat, right? But almost all the shops and restaurants keep their a/c full blast...and cold, And many folks visiting/living here can be found hanging out in shops & restaurants as if to get away from the heat. No doubt they also keep their ac in their homes on. Why even bother to come to Florida if they don't like the heat? Everywhere I go indoors...library, shops, restaurants with their ac full blast...is too cold for me! I am not enjoying my stay in FL at all. My wife is the same...she keeps the ac in the house on constantly. I hate it...so I spend a lot of my time outside puttering around in the yard...even if there's nothing to be done. I never turn on the ac in the car...but the moment my wife gets in it...all windows are shut and ac on! BTW, we usually get t-storms and rain around mid- to late afternoon....its getting to be a common occurrence lately. Almost every afternoon, so far.

Last edited by FCStraight; 07-15-2014 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Minor corrections/editing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville