U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:57 AM

10,880 posts, read 27,095,727 times

Advertisements

AnonChick, so sorry to hear about the transmission issues. They can be a money pit when it's a Jag, so your reasoning is logical in that it's probably best to cut your losses and move on to a less tempermental vehicle. I have had transmission issues with a Jaguar, and it's not pretty, even when the repair is covered, since one car ate two transmissions while still under 60k miles, and those were sealed units from Mercedes. Another one my parents owned had engine trouble, but I know the feeling -- no matter how tempermental, you want to keep the car running because it has personality.

If you had one of the rarer Jaguars that would appreciate, I would tend to hold on to it, but with an X-Type you're going to wind up with a nice lawn ornament one of these days when it will cost thousands more than it's worth just to repair.

The good news is, you can buy some very nice dash/door/console/control panel wood kits (real wood) these days, such that you can replicate the look of Jaguar's wood dash on a more spartan vehicle, though I'd be sure to find one with leather seats at the outset.

Good luck with your decision, though I think you've made the right one with this particular car.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 01:08 PM

13,253 posts, read 37,856,379 times
And so this chapter of AnonChick's Vehicular life comes to a sorrowful close.

I only got $3500 for the Jag, that was the best of three offers. I used it as a downpayment on a Scion XD, of all things. It's a 2010 lot car with 6400 miles on it. It's one of the cars the dealer uses as a loaner to customers who bring their own cars in for repair. So technically, I'm the original owner, and it was never leased to anyone.

It's kinda cute, and has a rear windshield wiper, which was pretty much the only thing that the Jaguar didn't have, that I'd wished it did. No power seats, no heated seats, no sunroof, no autolock, no side mirror defrost, no Alpine 6-speaker with subwoofer, no 6-CD changer..I'm gonna miss being spoiled SO MUCH...

It doesn't even have an arm rest, which I find totally bizarre.

However it does have a normal chair instead of bucket seats, and I've always been more comfortable sitting in normal chairs. So that'll be a nice switch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar