Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 09:06 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,092,866 times

Advertisements

I was disappointed.

While I think the car is beautiful, I was shocked at how bathtub it is. The dash is extremely high and long. I am 6' tall, but I almost felt like I needed a booster seat to the hood, not over the hood, but the hood. The rear view on the coupe is non-existent. I didn't get to see the convertible rear view, but I imagine it must be worse with the top up. Maybe the seat adjustments would have helped, but I generally don't mess with the knobs if I am not a serious buyer.

I was sitting in the sport version (the SVR) which was quite expensive, but reminded my of a large 280-Z. The dash of the car was covered with a suede like material and even though it might be easily cleaned, I would be afraid that it would be filthy in a month.

I didn't drive it - too rich for my blood, but the base model is "only" 60K. I still have no desire for one because I would be afraid of hitting any and everything because the outside view is so bad. It is a surprisingly large car although it looks small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 05:59 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,092,866 times
Default Pfft! There go my plans for an F-Type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I was disappointed.

While I think the car is beautiful, I was shocked at how bathtub it is. The dash is extremely high and long. I am 6' tall, but I almost felt like I needed a booster seat to the hood, not over the hood, but the hood. The rear view on the coupe is non-existent. I didn't get to see the convertible rear view, but I imagine it must be worse with the top up. Maybe the seat adjustments would have helped, but I generally don't mess with the knobs if I am not a serious buyer.

I was sitting in the sport version (the SVR) which was quite expensive, but reminded my of a large 280-Z. The dash of the car was covered with a suede like material and even though it might be easily cleaned, I would be afraid that it would be filthy in a month.

I didn't drive it - too rich for my blood, but the base model is "only" 60K. I still have no desire for one because I would be afraid of hitting any and everything because the outside view is so bad. It is a surprisingly large car although it looks small.
Since posting the above, I have gone back 5 or 6 times to look at the F-Type. I will probably go again tomorrow!

Almost all the issues I had with the car are gone - or suppressed. While it still has a "bathtub" feel, I am wondering if the seat was at the bottom of it's height adjustment - I will see.
  • The view from the coupe... I don't care, I have always been interested only in the convertible.
  • Looks like a giant "Z"... I must have been wearing my coke-bottle goggles because I don't see that anymore. I just see a beautiful svelte body.
  • The dash material... The "normal" (cheaper) car does not have that problem.
  • Large car... Optical illusion because it was stationed in a cove of the showroom.

Over the past 6+ months I have convinced myself that I do want this car (dark blue please). But what now with Brexit?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/08/...ecast-cut.html

I'd decided that if I was going to purchase one, it would be this coming summer. I was waiting till then because I will be 59.5 years old and will have access to my R-IRA money.

But it looks like Jaguar Rover (TaTa) might have a hard time getting to the summer.

I worry that even if Jaguars are available in the summer - they really don't sell well here and sales fell 28% last year - a Hard Brexit might cause the price to skyrocket and cause the car to be be canceled. And if Jag does survive in the short term, what will happen with parts availability and cost?!

With all that said, this is just speculation on my part because I have not been following the Brexit story in enough detail to make a honest call. I have read that Jaguar management is afraid and that they have started reducing production staff. Does anyone here have a good grip and opinion as to what will happen to Jaguar with a hard (or even a softened) Brexit?

Old 02-16-2019, 06:12 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,856,660 times
Who cares? It's a Jaguar,man
There is a special feel when you leave a stop light and listen to the throaty exhaust tone and know you're driving one of the classiest sports cars of all time

Old 02-18-2019, 12:39 AM

8,433 posts, read 3,695,406 times
This is surprising - most tall people feel the F-type is cramped on leg room. It also has poor reliability compared to other cars in its class. I think the Porsche 911 blows it away.

Old 09-09-2022, 02:18 PM

7,368 posts, read 6,414,163 times
Looking at the F type P450…..$89K cost if purchased; ask price on a lease is fkn ridiculous: $1650/month for 39 months with 10K miles/year. Hard pass. Dealers still taking advantage of Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Jaguar