U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 06:20 PM

142 posts, read 336,776 times

Advertisements

Here's the situation-I applied for a job that would be a promotion with an out of state Company. I was set up for a first step phone interview, and I passed that. 2 weeks ago I had a second interview via Skype with the HR rep and the head of HR. It lasted about 35 minutes and after that they said the next step may be yet another Skype interview and then after that people would be invited to visit their office. I sent thank you emails to the folks on the 'call"

Last week they sent me all kinds of paperwork to fill out for background check, credit check and also asked for references. They also set me up for another Skype interview which was today. Last Friday they called my references. (My references told me) And they said they gave me rave reviews.

So, today's Skype interview was with a VP, she asked about 4 questions and then asked if I had any questions, I did have a couple. The whole interview was only 17 minutes. She then said I'd be hearing from "jane doe" in HR for the next interview.

So-any opinions? I thought it might be longer, but who knows. I've never heard of a 4 step interview process. It is for a higher mid level position.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 01:35 AM

17,816 posts, read 23,828,191 times
Well it sounds like there is an interest. These days they make people jump through hoops.

I wonder why HR needs to interview you again? Is it to maybe to arrange to bring you out in person?

Good Luck.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 AM

16,844 posts, read 15,481,384 times
Is this a legitimate company ?

I would be extremely concerned that you have given VERY sensitive information to people you have not met ..

I hope for your sake that this is a real job and everything works out for you but if you don't find yourself hired and you gave them all that information I would check your credit report MONTHLY.

Not saying this is a scam job but asking for personal information comes LAST after they have decided you are the one. That includes background check / credit report.

And re-reading your post it sounds mostly legit but this is to WARN others that if a job asks for a credit report or background be a little leery until you CHECK the company out....

Old 08-17-2010, 10:41 PM

142 posts, read 336,776 times
Oh it's a VERY legitimate well known company so no doubts there. They actually called me today to see when I'm available to fly and meet the "executive team in person"

Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM
JH6

1,434 posts, read 2,970,049 times
Many companies are interviewing out of state applicants using Skype video conferencing. It is free, and the person doesn't have to travel to interview unless they are seriously considered.

I've done a couple before, wearing a full suit in my bedroom in front of a video camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search