Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 PM

195 posts, read 673,028 times

Advertisements

What a backward effed up country we have become (I say "we" as I am American but live in Canada) -- who are you to tell people what they can and cannot do with their personal lives because you "paid taxes" -- they paid taxes too. We all have paid taxes. Once that tax money leaves your paycheck, you no longer have a say in how it is used personally -- you vote and choose leaders who make those decisions for you. Democracy?

For such a "free" country we love to tell people what they can do with their sex lives, tax money, etc even their bodies (abortion)

I feel a lot more "free" in Canada -- no employment drug testing (I don't partake of the mary-J but certainly don't see it as being any worse or better than alcohol) i can marry whomever I want and do not have the Bible shaken in my face, and we all pay taxes that contribute to programs for the greater good -- people don't complain that smokers and drinkers should be excluded from the public healthcare system

One day you too may need public assistance -- where will "your tax dollars" be then?

Think before you throw that stone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 01:01 PM

107 posts, read 151,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
And what would you do with the people on UB who live in a state where medical pot is prescribed? Its prescribed as any other pain killer one can get with a prescription. I know a friend that has the prescription and he says if he didn't smoke it he couldn't work.
Hmm....seems like I've seen a post from this name and it usually has some concern about pot. Well, lets see if you have a prescription then you'd have a doctor right? But, lets get real the vast amount of people on welfare wont have a prescription.

I'm not sure about how the drug test differentiates the drugs or if it can. But, really considering your continual post on pot maybe this is just your issue.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
who the heck is going to pay for these drug tests. States are broke, and the person on UE is on just that UE. This idea is totally insane. The cost only would be outrageous. Focus on money towards finding people work, or making jobs available not drug testing. I mean 50 bucks a test for everyone on UE? CRAZY!! Please this is not parole or probation. What a stupid idea, waste tons of money. These tests are not free~~~!!! UE is from the states, imagine everyone is a state like CA or Michigan drug tested, state would be even more in the hole. Plus the fact add all the lawsuits of OHH I ate a poppy bagel , how the hell is the state going to pay for all the legal crap of people fighting it. This idea is so bad I cant imagine the amount of money it would cost.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avironneur View Post
What a backward effed up country we have become (I say "we" as I am American but live in Canada) -- who are you to tell people what they can and cannot do with their personal lives because you "paid taxes" -- they paid taxes too. We all have paid taxes. Once that tax money leaves your paycheck, you no longer have a say in how it is used personally -- you vote and choose leaders who make those decisions for you. Democracy?

For such a "free" country we love to tell people what they can do with their sex lives, tax money, etc even their bodies (abortion)

I feel a lot more "free" in Canada -- no employment drug testing (I don't partake of the mary-J but certainly don't see it as being any worse or better than alcohol) i can marry whomever I want and do not have the Bible shaken in my face, and we all pay taxes that contribute to programs for the greater good -- people don't complain that smokers and drinkers should be excluded from the public healthcare system

One day you too may need public assistance -- where will "your tax dollars" be then?

Think before you throw that stone.
Actually I will speak only for myself. I am paying for the bill and I have every right to state my opinion. Quite frankly if you have enough money for drugs, alcohol, cigarrettes, you can foot your own bill for electricity, housing and food.

Where will I be when I need public assistance? Well, I imagine I'll be with the rest of the middle class trying to pay my copays, insurance, and dealing with medical bills. Perhaps you should come back to the United States to get a better feel before stating your opinion.

Besides your off topic, no ones even talking about Canada

Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 PM

195 posts, read 673,028 times
I wouldn't come back to the United States as long as people are willing to dictate how other people should live based on the fact that they contribute to the common pot. We all do. I could say I don't want you giving donations to churches since I am atheist but that isn't my business...nor is it yours if I buy a bottle of wine with my unemployment check. Is that wise? No -- but do people have the right to make their own decisions about how they choose to use their unemployment? Most definitely yes. Once that money his the government's coffers, it isn't "your" money anymore -- it's "our" money as a society -- I still pay taxes to the US even though I do not live there but I do not dare to assume that my personal distaste for this or that should limit how we spend government money. If that were the case I'd make sure religious organizations didn't get a dime of "my" money -- but guess what baby, it ain't my money nor is it yours.

They get a check -- if they choose wine over the electric bill that is their decision to make, end of story. They will deal with the power being out. It isn't your job to police people's personal spending habits and shopping decisions.

Dealing with your medical bills is your problem as well. I am quite happy to not have that problem anymore....allows me to send money back home to help my family pay theirs.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM

I wasn't talking about unemployment. I was never talking about unemployment. I was talking about people on welfare.

I would like to mention that my family was unemployed and we did not recieve any state programs, money etc. but WIC. So, yes I certainly do have experience on both sides of the fence. We didn't get housing aid, free or reduced lunches, medical for anyone. Why??? Because my husband had worked.

Meanwhile people who haven't worked and contributed to the system enjoy benefits my family as tax payers have been denied. Do I have a right to complain....absolutely.

I dont know anything about your church thing....how many tax dollars flow through to churches etc. I homeschool and I inadvertently give to the public school. While I don't appreciate that I do feel like I should have a say in how that's run also since I have my tax receipt that proves I have the right.

Sounds like you just pay your taxes and don't second guess anything. Well, good for you. As for me I try to be a educated voter and have no fear in stating my opinion.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 PM

613 posts, read 960,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrendipity View Post
Hmm....seems like I've seen a post from this name and it usually has some concern about pot. Well, lets see if you have a prescription then you'd have a doctor right? But, lets get real the vast amount of people on welfare wont have a prescription.

I'm not sure about how the drug test differentiates the drugs or if it can. But, really considering your continual post on pot maybe this is just your issue.
I don't who you are and don't care but be careful. I posted the question two times in this thread, the second one because no one responded to the first one. Your opinion means nothing to me. As far as a personal problem, its not me that I am asking about. I have some friends that have prescription cards for pot that live in CA and was wanting some feedback on the question. To me pot is just like any other narcotic pain killer.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:34 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about unemployment. I was never talking about unemployment. I was talking about people on welfare.
The topic of this thread is unemployment, please try to stay on topic here or feel free to start your own thread or better yet search one out for welfare drug testing.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
I don't who you are and don't care but be careful. I posted the question two times in this thread, the second one because no one responded to the first one. Your opinion means nothing to me. As far as a personal problem, its not me that I am asking about. I have some friends that have prescription cards for pot that live in CA and was wanting some feedback on the question. To me pot is just like any other narcotic pain killer.
be careful....lol. What are you threatening me. Just cause I dont advocate drug use. I'm sure you were "just asking for your friends," you sensitive person you.

Oh, and having been unemployed while I don't think drug tests should be mandatory would I have been willing to have undergone them for the money....of course. I can't imagine being that worried unless you had something to hide Mr. I'm so concerned for my friends in the plural marijuana scripts.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:25 PM

613 posts, read 960,753 times
Quote:
be careful....lol. What are you threatening me. Just cause I dont advocate drug use. I'm sure you were "just asking for your friends," you sensitive person you.

Oh, and having been unemployed while I don't think drug tests should be mandatory would I have been willing to have undergone them for the money....of course. I can't imagine being that worried unless you had something to hide Mr. I'm so concerned for my friends in the plural marijuana scripts.
s

As I have read back on some of your posts, its clearer that you might have the problem, huh. Its pretty addicting isn't it?. No, I have never used it. That's why your all for it, I got it figured our for you hon, get you one of those prescription cards for it, so then you can do it legally cause right now your doing it illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search