Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 11:21 AM

254 posts, read 810,074 times

Advertisements

A recruiter contacted me alittle over a week ago for a procurement position. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager last Friday and they brought me in for an in-person interview yesterday. The recruiter told me after the phone interview that she was extremely interested and felt I was the person for the job and that she did not need to be sent anymore resumes. After the in person interview yesterday, the hiring manager said I had everything she was looking for and I just had to meet with the COO for a final approval. They are in urgent need of help and need to hire someone immediately. My interview with the COO was short but good and I felt we hit it off. He brought the hiring manager back in and looked at her and said, "I think we're good". She asked me how much notice did I need to give my current employer. I felt secure that I may be offered the job. I called the recruiter after the interview and told him that it looked good and I had a feeling that I may be offered the position. I am sure I am over anxious, but I thought he would have least given me some feedback by now. Would it be too soon to call him and ask what the employer's intentions are? The recruiter more or less told me it was in the bag. I am going away on vacay and wanted to know the status before I leave. So, should I contact my recruiter or wait for him to call me. They want to fill this position asap.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 02:11 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,705,144 times
The in-person was just yesterday, so you may need to be a little patient.

However, a recruiter is a much different animal than the people at the company looking to hire - you can most certainly pester your recruiter (because they want to see you placed so they get their commission) - its not the same as calling the company directly. So yes, follow-up with your recruiter - let him (or her) be the one to follow-up with the company on your behalf - that's part of their job.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,639,042 times
Agreed. You can pester the recruiter. Not the actual company.

My departments needs people a month ago, but that doesn't mean that hiring is a super fast turn around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search