Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 06:35 PM

251 posts, read 641,421 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I applied at my local hospital for a position and got called in about 2 weeks ago for an interview with the Admissions manager. She really liked my resume and myself, and immediately scheduled a second interview with the people I would be working with. She told me how much I would be making, and the benefits package.

She also referred me to the Marketing manager as she would be having a position open soon. I have a B.B.A. in Marketing. I thought everything was great.

I had my second interview last Thursday. It was a group interview and it took about an hour to finish. Everyone was smiling and said they really enjoyed having me in and asked if I had any questions for them. I asked them a couple of questions and the interview wrapped up.

I didn't talk to the Admissions manager that set me up with the group interview that day. I'm wondering now, if this second interview was a good sign, and when should I hear from them? She nor they gave me a date as to when I would hear from them. I thought about calling Thursday morning to thank her again for interviewing me and asking if they had made a decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
Better not to be pushy, it's nice to thank them but don't ask when they will make a decision. Second interviews usually mean you are at least in the top 3, they are probably checking references which can take time.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
It's not pushy to follow up with a phone call. Go ahead and make the call.

It's possible the admissions manager doesn't think you are interested in the admissions position.

I think being referred to the marketing manager is an indication that she doesn't think you are properly suited for the admissions position.

But she clearly liked you enough to make the connection for you. Call her! Let her know you're interested in working with her!

If you don't call her, she might hire someone else for the admissions position.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Hey everyone. I applied at my local hospital for a position and got called in about 2 weeks ago for an interview with the Admissions manager. She really liked my resume and myself, and immediately scheduled a second interview with the people I would be working with. She told me how much I would be making, and the benefits package.

She also referred me to the Marketing manager as she would be having a position open soon. I have a B.B.A. in Marketing. I thought everything was great.

I had my second interview last Thursday. It was a group interview and it took about an hour to finish. Everyone was smiling and said they really enjoyed having me in and asked if I had any questions for them. I asked them a couple of questions and the interview wrapped up.

I didn't talk to the Admissions manager that set me up with the group interview that day. I'm wondering now, if this second interview was a good sign, and when should I hear from them? She nor they gave me a date as to when I would hear from them. I thought about calling Thursday morning to thank her again for interviewing me and asking if they had made a decision.

Please don''t call, if you already sent a thank you letter that's fine. Then just see what happens

Old 01-18-2011, 09:16 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Did you get their business cards and send out thank you emails?

Always a good idea.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 PM

Gave her a call this morning. No answer so I left a voicemail. Told her thank you for setting me up with my interviews and I reiterated my interest in the position. I asked if there was anything progress regarding my last interview and whenever she had time to let me know. I haven't heard anything yet, so I guess I'll see how it plays out.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 PM

126 posts, read 724,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
[snipped] I had my second interview last Thursday.
[snipped]
I'm wondering now, if this second interview was a good sign, and when should I hear from them? She nor they gave me a date as to when I would hear from them. I thought about calling Thursday morning to thank her again for interviewing me and asking if they had made a decision.
Did you follow up with thank you letters/emails? It's business
courtesy to send one 1-2 days after the interview - it show you
have interest and it keeps your name fresh in their mind.

There's nothing wrong with calling - wait no longer than a week
to do so.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:00 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercay View Post
Did you follow up with thank you letters/emails? It's business
courtesy to send one 1-2 days after the interview - it show you
have interest and it keeps your name fresh in their mind.

There's nothing wrong with calling - wait no longer than a week
to do so.
I don't think the OP did that(the thank you emails). Which is something you really need to do.

Especially after a group interview, ask for business cards and send everyone involved an email.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Yeah I didn't send out thank you emails to the group interview. I was focusing on trying to do so good answering questions that it just completely slipped my mind. Probably a big knock against me.

I guess next time I'll make SURE I get business cards and be sure to send everyone involved a personal email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search