Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:00 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

I love Craigslist. Just for amusement, I apply for jobs which were posted a week or two ago, knowing full-well they've already hired someone. Puts a smile on my face, applying for some of these jobs with their ludicrous demands and low pay.

"Looking for someone with clean driving record, have their own dependable vehicle, must pass drug test, good credit history report, must be able to lift 80 pounds, etc. etc. Pay: $8.25 an hour, part-time to start."

I apply:

"My deep regrets, I didn't locate this ad earlier. I'm more than qualified for this job, meet all your requirements, will even work for $2 less an hour, but I'm sure you've had thousands of applications by now, and you're already hired someone. I need to check job listings on Craigslist more often."

Every once in awhile, I'll do this, just for fun, smiles. And, I've got a job, don't even need one, but I'm outraged at the outrageous demands and pay employers are offering today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:27 AM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Craigslist is a schill and spammer site. Many job ads are scams. Others are fake posted by recruiters and temp agencies who need resumes for data mining and other personal reasons that have nothing to do with getting the candidate work. Posting a resume on craigslist is inviting trouble and spam emails.
I think it depends on your market. In the largest markets, CL makes employers pay a fee to post ads, so a good percentage of them in those markets are actually legitimate.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,480,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I love Craigslist. Just for amusement, I apply for jobs which were posted a week or two ago, knowing full-well they've already hired someone. Puts a smile on my face, applying for some of these jobs with their ludicrous demands and low pay.

"Looking for someone with clean driving record, have their own dependable vehicle, must pass drug test, good credit history report, must be able to lift 80 pounds, etc. etc. Pay: $8.25 an hour, part-time to start."

I apply:

"My deep regrets, I didn't locate this ad earlier. I'm more than qualified for this job, meet all your requirements, will even work for $2 less an hour, but I'm sure you've had thousands of applications by now, and you're already hired someone. I need to check job listings on Craigslist more often."

Every once in awhile, I'll do this, just for fun, smiles. And, I've got a job, don't even need one, but I'm outraged at the outrageous demands and pay employers are offering today.
Websites like these are fun: Fun with Craigslist

Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Indeeed !
+1

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search