Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
This thread isn't about many lines of work, it is about RECRUITERS.
Analogy | Define Analogy at Dictionary.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:31 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Oh god... another one...another "bragger" who thinks she's better than the rest of us. You assume those of use who aren't recruiters CAN'T do all that you do. We too keep a roof over our heads, put food on the table, etc. etc. you think doing all that makes you an "overachiever?" You're no Ivana Trump. You're no Condoleeza. Your ego is overinflated. How do you know "what most people make in 4 weeks of pay?" You know how I much I made in real estate before the recession? You have no clue. I could feed 10 baby mamas like you. Get over it...and don't EVER EVER EVER tell anybody "not to be a hater." You going to tell Jews not to hate Nazis? Or African Americans not to hate White Priders? You're like the rest of them snakeoil merchant roaches. Yea roaches...

You work your ass off..So what..lots of other people do too. Doesn't make you a hero. The guys on Wall Street who collapsed the system worked their ass off too. So what...and........?

And have you noticed how every time someone has a gripe with recruiters someone will inevitably come along and say that "There is unprofessional people in every profession"

This thread is NOT about every profession. Some have a hard time staying on topic. They can't stand for people to take a **** on this so called recruiter profession. If you have a gripe about another profession, then make a new thread about it. This one pertains to recruiters.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:17 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
Quote:

And have you noticed how every time someone has a gripe with recruiters someone will inevitably come along and say that "There is unprofessional people in every profession"

This thread is NOT about every profession. Some have a hard time staying on topic. They can't stand for people to take a **** on this so called recruiter profession. If you have a gripe about another profession, then make a new thread about it. This one pertains to recruiters.
None of them want to admit that they are hated for the most part, by most intelligent people with "average" intelligence. I feel sorry for those that "have" to deal with them. Nobody likes the truth. I don't care how bad the economy gets, I will NEVER use these scavenging maggots. If they can't get the client company to pay their commission fees, they put pressure on the candidate to pay them. Anybody dealing with them better read the fine print. If you sign their documents, they will force you to pay them in the even the client company stiffs them. Buyer beware always.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:29 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,638,324 times
Quote:
None of them want to admit that they are hated for the most part, by most intelligent people with "average" intelligence. I feel sorry for those that "have" to deal with them. Nobody likes the truth. I don't care how bad the economy gets, I will NEVER use these scavenging maggots. If they can't get the client company to pay their commission fees, they put pressure on the candidate to pay them. Anybody dealing with them better read the fine print. If you sign their documents, they will force you to pay them in the even the client company stiffs them. Buyer beware always.
I don't know what "recruiter" you have dealt with, but I have NEVER heard such a thing.

I worked as a recruiter a decade ago, I still know some in the business-- and I know a good chunk of the staffing recruiters at my present company (although those are internal)-- and I have never heard of any contract that would even attempt to make a candidate pay a fee if the client didn't.

I have known clients who stiffed the recruiter-- and those were handled with lawyers, etc and the client 95% of the time had to pay up.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:55 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
None of them want to admit that they are hated for the most part, by most intelligent people with "average" intelligence.
Give us a break. As if you could even begin to talk for most intelligent people.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:16 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times
Quote:

This thread is NOT about every profession. Some have a hard time staying on topic.
Yet you seem to have no problem with someone talking about "Nazis", "White Priders" and Ivana Trump" in the discussion...obviously those comments are "on topic".

Also, there is a difference between having "a gripe" about recruiters and calling the whole group of them a bunch of nasty names. The former is a legitimate complaint, the other is simply juvenile, illogical ranting.

I've had some experience with some poor recruiters; I have also had some very positive experiences with others. Therefore, I do not see all recruiters as "roaches". I could elaborate on my point through further analogous discussion...but that would obviously be a little too far over the heads of some posters in this thread.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Give us a break. As if you could even begin to talk for most intelligent people.
You can insult me all you want with your arrogant put downs as if you're some kind of blueblood royalty - "as if you could even begin..."....snotty piece of nasal work. Hahahaha.Think I care? Hahahaha. Seriously. I speak for myself and for those who agree with me. You can put me down all you want and then some....act like you're better than me and better than those who hold my position. We will still refuse to deal with third party middlemen. We will still find employment that suits OUR needs and OUR lives, not yours or the recruiter's or the "company's." We live in a free nation and can speak our mind.

I'm still laughing....because in 15 years not a single third party middleman has found me a decent permanent job. Every job I've found I have found for myself on my own merit and effort.

and yes, "I can even begin to....."

Old 01-29-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
I don't know what "recruiter" you have dealt with, but I have NEVER heard such a thing.

I worked as a recruiter a decade ago, I still know some in the business-- and I know a good chunk of the staffing recruiters at my present company (although those are internal)-- and I have never heard of any contract that would even attempt to make a candidate pay a fee if the client didn't.

I have known clients who stiffed the recruiter-- and those were handled with lawyers, etc and the client 95% of the time had to pay up.
Just because you "haven't heard of it" doesn't mean it never happens. A friend of mine accepted a job offer in New York City and was told that the company client refused to pay the commission so the agency decided that my friend should pay it out of his annual salary. My friend retracted his acceptance of the offer. Apparently the agency didn't want to sue the company client as they gave this agency a lot business, and one executive at the agency was related to someone in the client company; didn't want to ruffle any feathers, among other things. We are living in a world of cronyism and nepotism so absolutely anything can happen to anyone at anytime, especially in the corporate world.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
You can insult me all you want with your arrogant put downs as if you're some kind of blueblood royalty - "as if you could even begin..."....snotty piece of nasal work. Hahahaha.Think I care? Hahahaha. Seriously. I speak for myself and for those who agree with me. You can put me down all you want and then some....act like you're better than me and better than those who hold my position. We will still refuse to deal with third party middlemen. We will still find employment that suits OUR needs and OUR lives, not yours or the recruiter's or the "company's." We live in a free nation and can speak our mind.

I'm still laughing....because in 15 years not a single third party middleman has found me a decent permanent job. Every job I've found I have found for myself on my own merit and effort.

and yes, "I can even begin to....."
What is arrogant is you suggesting that you somehow have an idea of what "most intelligent" people think on the topic. How exactly have you come by this knowledge?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
Just because you "haven't heard of it" doesn't mean it never happens. A friend of mine accepted a job offer in New York City and was told that the company client refused to pay the commission so the agency decided that my friend should pay it out of his annual salary. My friend retracted his acceptance of the offer. Apparently the agency didn't want to sue the company client as they gave this agency a lot business, and one executive at the agency was related to someone in the client company; didn't want to ruffle any feathers, among other things. We are living in a world of cronyism and nepotism so absolutely anything can happen to anyone at anytime, especially in the corporate world.
Agree with what is bolded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search