Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 AM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times

Advertisements

If these jobs suck so much, the only one to blame is yourself for going back. When the door starts to look attractive enough, use it! The reason companies can get away with the things they do is because people allow for it. The "woe is me" stories get a little old. The younger crowd doesn't quite understand something... It's not a businesses job to please the workers. If the worker are more productive when happy, things can be done to help, but many jobs are simply dead end jobs that need a warm body to fill. That kind of job will never get better. If the worker doesn't like it, they simply have to find a job more suited towards their demands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 06:52 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If these jobs suck so much, the only one to blame is yourself for going back. When the door starts to look attractive enough, use it! The reason companies can get away with the things they do is because people allow for it. The "woe is me" stories get a little old. The younger crowd doesn't quite understand something... It's not a businesses job to please the workers. If the worker are more productive when happy, things can be done to help, but many jobs are simply dead end jobs that need a warm body to fill. That kind of job will never get better. If the worker doesn't like it, they simply have to find a job more suited towards their demands.
We all did what we had to do to SURVIVE!!!!

Just and update since my post is over a year old.

I'm at a job now that I LOVE and the pay is greater than I ever expected. The owners are super nice, it's a lot of work, but that never bothered me and they see it and get well compensated for my efforts. They want their employees to be happy with what they were hired for. A very comfortable work environment. I've been there since June 2011 and see a great future with this growing company.

I landed this job because I never gave up and now it's paying off.

I was a 99er, hit rock bottom and will never forget.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,875,360 times
I can't wait until I get a new job

Old 03-04-2012, 07:58 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
I can't wait until I get a new job
You will, just keep trying and never give up.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM

625 posts, read 952,396 times
OMG I need a new job!

Where I work at, the boss refuses to pay the hourly employees any extra time (overtime or straight time), so I have to add it to their PTO/vacation time. I myself am a salaried employee and the current office manager but I am getting paid about the same salary as I was paid in 2005. I am paid less from this job than I did in 2006 when I received a raise after the former administrative/office manager quit and I took her place while doing most of the previous tasks. The only difference now is that I am not getting the extra added bonus because the boss stopped giving me my raise but I am actually getting paid extra for gas reimbursement. At least the second retail job that I work three nights a week helps bring in additional income to help cover my losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search