Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:34 PM

8 posts, read 40,261 times

Advertisements

Interview was not good today....

Few things I noticed....

1. Interviewer wiped hand on skirt after shaking mine.
2. Two of my interviewers fiddled with their blackberry's a few times.
3. Informed me a second interview would be extended to certain individuals two weeks from now...

Oh my favorite....
4. I went to retrieve my nicely printed resume in individual manilla folders...and the main interviewer informed me that they had already printed it from the internet....and saud I should keep it if I need it in the future......

I have more than enough experience, my responses were descriptive and dead on....and I have more degrees than required for the position...but I dont like the signs of this interview....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 06:43 PM

374 posts, read 759,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiMK84 View Post
Interview was not good today....

1. Interviewer wiped hand on skirt after shaking mine.

That is really kind of rude of the interviewer. I would be a little offended if someone reacted that way to me. It might not mean anything bad about the interview though. Maybe that person was just lacking in social skills or has a germ phobia or something.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Years ago I went on a number of interviews. Most of the interviewers were w/o question one twist short of a slinky.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Years ago I went on a number of interviews. Most of the interviewers were w/o question one twist short of a slinky.

"One twist short of a slinky"? That's a new to me. I like it!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM

8 posts, read 40,261 times
She wiped her hand on her side....I saw it out the corner of my eye...
The cell phones pissed me off.....like really? Your doing an interview. The two week notice for a second interview is because a president/director has to make the final decision...and lucky me they are miles away on a vacation for two weeks....

Also, the resume thing really made me feel bad. I understand that you printed it from online app...but xan't u just take it anyways...I went through a lot of trouble to print out several copies and place them in seperate folders...

Old 05-10-2011, 07:17 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,636,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irongrl View Post
That is really kind of rude of the interviewer. I would be a little offended if someone reacted that way to me. It might not mean anything bad about the interview though. Maybe that person was just lacking in social skills or has a germ phobia or something.
I have to say-- I have shaked hands with a few people that I tried to be very discreet about wiping my hand on something because the other person's hands were really clammy and wet.

To me there is absolutely nothing worse than shaking hands with someone who has very sticky hands, very wet clammy or sweaty hands.

That may make me an evil witch, but it is what it is.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post

I have to say-- I have shaked hands with a few people that I tried to be very discreet about wiping my hand on something because the other person's hands were really clammy and wet.

To me there is absolutely nothing worse than shaking hands with someone who has very sticky hands, very wet clammy or sweaty hands.

That may make me an evil witch, but it is what it is.

Ok, I can see your point. That would be understandable. Definitely not an evil witch for feeling that way.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiMK84 View Post
She wiped her hand on her side....I saw it out the corner of my eye...
The cell phones pissed me off.....like really? Your doing an interview. The two week notice for a second interview is because a president/director has to make the final decision...and lucky me they are miles away on a vacation for two weeks....

Also, the resume thing really made me feel bad. I understand that you printed it from online app...but xan't u just take it anyways...I went through a lot of trouble to print out several copies and place them in seperate folders...

They should have taken your resume. I can see no excuse for not taking it. It does sound like they were lacking a little in the etiquette department. Maybe the president/director will be more professional.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:10 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
One interviewer of a panel of four actually dozed off during my presentation during an interview 3 years ago (I ended up getting the job! LOL!)

Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
I’ve had that “keep the resume for future use” before. The least they can do is take it after you’ve gone to the trouble of printing it and bringing it along. I’ve also had the interviewer ask for a copy of my resume despite sitting down with a candidate for a scheduled job interview this individual was unprepared. All part of playing the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search