Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:50 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylombard View Post
I was offered a job a few hours after my interview on 12/14/12. I completed the physical and drug test that day and they have come back clean. The background check was started the following Monday 12/17/12, at the end of the week I checked-in and they said they were waiting on employment verification from a small company I worked for. My previous employer has one "HR person" who also does payroll on top of other duties. Today is the second full week (including 2 holidays at the being of this week) that they have been waiting on this would it really take this long to verify employment?
Even if they're constantly calling the person, it can take weeks sometimes. As YAZ said, employment verifications are busy work items that don't benefit that person or their company so it takes a VERY LOW PRIORITY on the things to do list. Also, right around the holiday season people in HR are either 1. Super busy planning holiday party or doing open enrollment/end of year projects/reports, or 2. They're off on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
If they need more than they will tell you and you can supply the contractor you worked thru .

Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM

10 posts, read 91,879 times
I have a ?...I have been offer a position and to took my drug test and the backround is complete ..I havent heard anything yet but I was able to see the report on my backround check..I did not put my current employer down on my resume due to the fact I just started workgin for them for the 2nd time..I was prev empleyed by them in 2008..i didnt put it on there because I didnt want t make it look like i hop form job to job..I just wanted the opportunity to get this job offer which I did..but I said I ws unemployed ...now my back round shows my original hire date back in 2008 but then says active.. Will the emloyer look into this and see if I am currently still working there...and will this kill my chanced on keep that offer that was given to me...

Old 12-31-2012, 08:51 AM

10 posts, read 91,879 times
I have a ?...I have been offer a position and to took my drug test and the backround is complete ..I havent heard anything yet but I was able to see the report on my backround check..I did not put my current employer down on my resume due to the fact I just started workgin for them for the 2nd time..I was prev empleyed by them in 2008..i didnt put it on there because I didnt want t make it look like i hop form job to job..I just wanted the opportunity to get this job offer which I did..but I said I ws unemployed ...now my back round shows my original hire date back in 2008 but then says active.. Will the emloyer look into this and see if I am currently still working there...and will this kill my chanced on keep that offer that was given to me...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,082 times
A lot of people probably don't agree with me but I don't think background checks are always necessary.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,932 times
First of all, A Big Thank You for everyone who takes their time to write back.
Im sure responses and all input are all appreciated! Any helpful info about finding a job in this difficult time is appreciated.

So if anyone has any answer to my question, A big THANK YOU

I am not even sure if i should start a new post or I can reply to this one. First time posting.
I am looking for information on back round checks.
My question is that if they put in my name, DOB, SS do they see what company and how long I worked there. I ask because I worked at a company for a long time over 4 years, but that company didn't offer me any benefits and basically paid me cash. I just finished bachelors 5 years ago, and worked at that company since finishing school. And now am looking for something different. So if I dont put that on my resume, its basically blank, NOT GOOD for me.... :/ I do have a person with the company with the official company email, letterhead, phone number that would confirm I worked there, title etc.. But it would not show up on any official social security office check because it was all cash. I worked there for so long, because it was fairly good money and we all need to survive but Im scared that I will have trouble finding another job now because of it.

THX everyone

Old 09-24-2013, 03:44 PM

15 posts, read 61,638 times
Hi I'm Having the same problem also with my mom. We are trying to apply for a home and every other house we had tried applying for, the landlord will say " sorry your application has not gone through and its very fustrating . Even though she did have two evictions with one in 2011 that's not court ordered and the other one in 2012 that is court ordered. Just a minor charge of child neglect back in 2011. Whenever we tried renting a home they would say "okay we just have to do a background check and you will be good to go" right when we hear that we know its going to be Denied... we have stopped commiting those evictions it was because our oldest brothers was loud , they moved so isn't any more problems. We just applied for a mobile home and they are doing a light background check \-: I'm not sure what to expect if it will be Approved or Denied! Please suggestions to help us prepare and btw.. she has a great employement history with 24 yrs at publix and her salary is about 25,000 yearly?? Any Help. We really need a place to live that will give us a chance so what do you think will happen to our application????

Old 02-25-2017, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 959 times
There was a job on my resume that i didnt put in background check form that runs by background screening company. It is mainly because my agent told me not to as im a dresh graduate and what i did is not relevant to my current job application. Do i need to explain to HR to put my jon history back in?thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search