Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM

577 posts, read 1,754,477 times

Advertisements

I applied for a job last week, now this morning I got a letter from an HR person, do I reply to this with something or just take it as an acknowledgment to my app? This wasnt an instant electronic response but appears to be a message from their recruiter or HR person. Here's what it said:

I am writing to follow up with you regarding your application for the , xxxx position. We are fortunate to have received many qualified applications for this position, which we will be reviewing during the next few weeks. If you are selected to move forward in the hiring process, we will be contacting you as soon as possible to schedule a phone interview.

We appreciate your interest in a career at xxxxx company!

Then its signed with name , email and address of person sending it but no title. It appears to be from the corporate office in another state as I applied directly to the company website.

Do I reply to that or not?

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM

38 posts, read 251,205 times
It looks to me like it is likely an automatic response. At least they were kind enough to send an acknowledgment.

You may try calling the person at their number listed to follow up in a few days, though I'm not sure the proper action to take when they have acknowledged your resume.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM

There's isnt a phone number. Usually the instant responses come immediately. I applied to this last Wed and this came this morning from the East Coast ( I'm applying for a west coast position) It is a large company but family run. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something if I should be replying.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,622,964 times
What exactly would you be saying back in a response?

This is a form email-- just to be courteous. There is nothing to say or respond to from the perspective of the email. In fact, if it came from a corporate office it probably is not even an address that you can respond to or no one actually reads any emails that come back to that email address.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
What exactly would you be saying back in a response?

This is a form email-- just to be courteous. There is nothing to say or respond to from the perspective of the email. In fact, if it came from a corporate office it probably is not even an address that you can respond to or no one actually reads any emails that come back to that email address.

Well the email listed under the person's name appears to be their email at the company not a generic email node. Not sure what I would reply, just want to make sure I'm not missing something if I should. That's why I'm asking. I've received tons of form emails... this one seemed different and not so generic. It is a family run business even though it is national now.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Just looked up the person online, they are definitely an employee of the company and the recruiter/talent aquisition person.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,178,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
I applied for a job last week, now this morning I got a letter from an HR person, do I reply to this with something or just take it as an acknowledgment to my app? This wasnt an instant electronic response but appears to be a message from their recruiter or HR person. Here's what it said:

I am writing to follow up with you regarding your application for the , xxxx position. We are fortunate to have received many qualified applications for this position, which we will be reviewing during the next few weeks. If you are selected to move forward in the hiring process, we will be contacting you as soon as possible to schedule a phone interview.

We appreciate your interest in a career at xxxxx company!

Then its signed with name , email and address of person sending it but no title. It appears to be from the corporate office in another state as I applied directly to the company website.

Do I reply to that or not?

Thanks !
I would say there's no need to reply. The email was just a polite notice giving you information and thanking you for applying. It clearly states that the next steps are THEY will contact you if they are interested in scheduling a phone interview.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM

Okay thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search