Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:35 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I agree it would be real odd to fly someone out and not have the decency to notify them about the hiring status. But the frustrating thing is there is nothing you can do but continue to wait or move on to the next task.

HR plays all sort of games. They will fly people across the country, put them up in hotels, etc, when they don't even have jobs to fill.

My dh was literally flown all over the country, at company's expense, put up in hotels, expenses, etc, all but told he was hired, then, they just dropped interest in him. They either don't respond, or take forever.

They will never say you're not hired, that opens them up to liability. A friend of mine interviewed once with a major food company, they kept telling her the job was still under consideration. well, she moved on, just out of curiosity, she called 3 years later, they said the job was still under consideratin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 10:56 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I hope not I want her to get the job because I want to move to that state and I want a place to stay to I can look for work, that and she has been unemployed for a long time
I fail to see what your mother's situation has to do with you.

Her employment status should have nothing to do with you wanting to get on with your own life. Are you going to stay and let your own life pass you by if perchance she doesn't get the job?

I hope for the best for your mother, but you may need to branch out and take the plunge for yourself and not allow another person's circumstances to hold you back.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
How long do you wait until you make contact in regards to a decision? I had an interview on 8/25.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,638,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
How long do you wait until you make contact in regards to a decision? I had an interview on 8/25.
What kind of interview?

First interview? Second interview? 3rd? Telephone interview?

Was it just a screening call?

It really depends.

Did you ask about the speed of the decision making in the interview? This is a question I always ask to the interviewer-- about what is the time frame they are looking to make a decision, etc.

Keep in mind companies have to hire employees, but they have A LOT of other things going on that are more important in terms of day to day activities and production.

Even my group who has open reqs, the hiring managers travel extensively internationally-- or domestically-- it is not as if they will call you back in one week if they even love you.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
What kind of interview?

First interview? Second interview? 3rd? Telephone interview?

Was it just a screening call?

It really depends.

Did you ask about the speed of the decision making in the interview? This is a question I always ask to the interviewer-- about what is the time frame they are looking to make a decision, etc.

Keep in mind companies have to hire employees, but they have A LOT of other things going on that are more important in terms of day to day activities and production.

Even my group who has open reqs, the hiring managers travel extensively internationally-- or domestically-- it is not as if they will call you back in one week if they even love you.
It was a logistics coordinator job. It was a first interview with all the appropriate people; the HR manager, the director of operations, logistics manager, the VP of operations for the entire company. The interview lasted 1hr 30 mins. It was through a recruiter and the recruiter told me that they really liked me.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:05 AM

1 posts, read 766 times
i think she should be little be more patient.they'll get get back to her, but if they don't in 30 days, then they don't need her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search