Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM

50 posts, read 162,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloi3eai2 View Post
Be Prepared for:

So tell me about yourself:
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
Tell me about a time you solved a problem? This isn't always asked but it's always good to have a story lined up.
Also research about the company: Ask questions about the company and what they do, how they do things compared to your way of doing things. Showing that you researched really impresses employers

Most Important: SMILE! A good personality goes a LONG way in helping you land a job.
Since this was brought up what are some of the answers that everyone has.

I've always answered the weakness question with: "I have a tendancy to be my worst enemy as I am my worst critique. I have high expectations for myself and when I make mistakes I am harder on myself than anyone else. So much so that I mentally beat myself up and remain angry with myself for several days. On the otherside however because I am so hard on myself I focus on what caused me to make the mistake and learn from it so I never do it again." It may sound like B.S. but it is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:39 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
grave digger.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 AM

404 posts, read 1,147,571 times
Everybody's answer to Your Weaknesses is BS. You have to present your weakness as a result of one of your strengths. IE: "I'm a perfectionist" "I'm a workaholic". If you're completely honest and say "I dont work well in groups" you might as well leave and not expect to be hired.

When I was 16 I interviewed at a shoe store and was asked what are your weaknesses? I was honest and said "my communication skills." I was a shy kid and that was really my weakness. I followed up by saying "I believe this job will really help improve my communication skills" Looking back, that was really a dumbass answer and was probably the reason I didn't get hired.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
grave digger.
Why do you say that? Are you referring to my post?

Old 11-16-2011, 01:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanger View Post
Why do you say that? Are you referring to my post?
This thread is very very old. :-)

If you want interview advices, open a new topic and I am more than happy to chime in.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
And you are normally hired based on your personality not how qualified you are or your education background

Old 11-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And you are normally hired based on your personality not how qualified you are or your education background
Ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe if your job requires you ask "would you like fries with that?"

Old 11-16-2011, 07:16 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanger View Post
Ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe if your job requires you ask "would you like fries with that?"
you keep believing that

Old 11-16-2011, 07:29 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Personality plays a big role but education and skills also have a factor.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Klato View Post
Personality plays a big role but education and skills also have a factor.
Education/Skills play a role but not as big as personality

Just like personality plays a role on a first date but not as much as looks.

They already know you are qualified from your resume so they basically are bringing you in to get a feel for your personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search