Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:03 PM

38 posts, read 251,594 times

Advertisements

Forgive me if it's been asked but is it very difficult to get an interview or get hired at Publix? I applied a month ago. I talked to the hiring manager two weeks ago and he said they would start interviewing late last week. I haven't been called to schedule an interview so does that mean it's unlikely I will be?

I hope I wasn't bothering them when I went back two weeks ago, but I did want to make sure I'd be noticed. Another thing I thought was maybe I didn't do well on the personality test. I was just hoping I would get interviewed as I really want to work there. They seem to have good opportunities to advance and seem to promote from within more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 PM

43 posts, read 75,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
Forgive me if it's been asked but is it very difficult to get an interview or get hired at Publix? I applied a month ago. I talked to the hiring manager two weeks ago and he said they would start interviewing late last week. I haven't been called to schedule an interview so does that mean it's unlikely I will be?

I hope I wasn't bothering them when I went back two weeks ago, but I did want to make sure I'd be noticed. Another thing I thought was maybe I didn't do well on the personality test. I was just hoping I would get interviewed as I really want to work there. They seem to have good opportunities to advance and seem to promote from within more.
Go back and talk to the Hiring Manager. You got nothing to lose but the time and gas money to get there.

If not, try another Publix. How about Target or Winn Dixie?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecisionYear View Post
Go back and talk to the Hiring Manager. You got nothing to lose but the time and gas money to get there.

If not, try another Publix. How about Target or Winn Dixie?
I'm not sure if I should ask the Hiring Manager again since he already said he would look at the application and call me for an interview if they liked it. Maybe I should just assume I wasn't qualified?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Quote:

I never got interviewed at Publix when I lived in Florida. All you can do is keep applying (and looking elsewhere) for work. I wouldn't bug them too awful much. Calling/visiting twice at the most but that's just me.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 AM

Thank you for telling me.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:08 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
My son interviewed at Publix a number of years ago, it was a month later and he was offered a job at a different store, he told them he didn't want to travel that far. A month after that he was hired at the store a half mile from our house. Be patient, they like to keep a full bench.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 PM

142 posts, read 417,318 times
Does anyone know about seasonal work with Publix? I will be wintering in SW FL next year and hope to find a seasonal position and Publix appears to be an excellent company. I hope to have grocery store experience by then as well.
Any knowledge or advice is welcome in regards to seasonal employment opportunities around the Bonita Springs area.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:

Are you serious? There's a "personality test" you have to take to work at Publix? What exactly is this test?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:47 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,420,591 times
Publix is a great company to work for, keep trying.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:27 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Upnorth View Post
Does anyone know about seasonal work with Publix? I will be wintering in SW FL next year and hope to find a seasonal position and Publix appears to be an excellent company. I hope to have grocery store experience by then as well.
Any knowledge or advice is welcome in regards to seasonal employment opportunities around the Bonita Springs area.
Publix doesn't hire seasonally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search