Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
TVSG"Well all my interviews deal with connecting with the interviewer which is why that question never came up."

Until you have a job, you didn't connect. Interview small talk is meaningless except for the person hired. Whether the interview was friendly or involved some contenious moments is meaningless except for the person hired.
My last interview which was informational, was a connection because he is now apart of my network on linkedin after our 55 minute interview. So yes we did connect with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 02:23 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
First interview....:was a part-time job which she felt I wouldn't be around long enough for because she felt I was young and employable so she gave my resume to someone else in the company

Second Interview...was with the guy who received my resume from the lady who interviewed me for the part-time job and he called me for a networking interview. we talked for 55 mins and he is now a connection on Linkedin

So yes I am 2-0 in making a GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION.
Have fun paying your rent with that first impression.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
I don't have to worry about being asked that question because I have ways of letting the interviewer do most of the talking which has been a success so far
If it had been a success you'd have a job right now!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Networking success. Both are now part of my network.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
And I'm talking about my last 6 interviews that goes back to 2009 not just the 2 interviews I had in 2012.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Have fun paying your rent with that first impression.
Didn't you just say that you have to use your network to get a job? Now you are saying networking is not a good thing when you just told someone yesterday you have to use your network? So explain to me what you were saying again about networking?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM

370 posts, read 1,365,930 times
Back to your original point that you don't have to explain to them if they ask what you have been doing since you left your job...

google this question.

Many, many pages come up with many answers.

If they ask you tomorrow, be prepared. Have something to say. Don't storm out and get all huffy because you think they have no reason to ask it.

Why must you insist they shouldn't ask you this?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarysPoppins View Post
Back to your original point that you don't have to explain to them if they ask what you have been doing since you left your job...

google this question.

Many, many pages come up with many answers.

If they ask you tomorrow, be prepared. Have something to say. Don't storm out and get all huffy because you think they have no reason to ask it.

Why must you insist they shouldn't ask you this?

Because if you see a pleasant looking well dressed attractive person for the first time, most people won't care what you been doing since your last job. They will just be glad they have the opportunity to add you to their team.

Same thing with a date, if you see someone who is happy and attractive you won't care why they are single just that you have a opportunity to be with them.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 PM

370 posts, read 1,365,930 times
Quote:
Because if you see a pleasant looking well dressed attractive person for the first time, most people won't care what you been doing since your last job. They will just be glad they have the opportunity to add you to their team.

Okay, if you want to think so. I just googled this issue and found pages and pages disproving your theory but if you want to believe what you want to believe, I am not going to try to help change your mind.

Good luck with your interview.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Networking success. Both are now part of my network.
Uh huh. And what are you doing with that network that is going to land you a job. You can know 1000 people but if you are passive about it, it means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search