Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
yeah i do hate the effort, because i hate when i get denied something when i make an effort, take initiative
From your many posts on the subject it doesn't seem that your interpretation of "effort" and "initiative" bears much resemblance to the standard definition of the words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 11:52 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
From your many posts on the subject it doesn't seem that your interpretation of "effort" and "initiative" bears much resemblance to the standard definition of the words.
whatever, who cares, overall, i hate taking responsibility because i hate rejection, getting denied with a huge burning passion

Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM

1,761 posts, read 2,605,662 times
my saying is "You got to fight the suck", everyday is a constant battle between the tinniest bit of hope and soul crushing depression. There are so many days when I just don't want to bother looking because since October I have found nothing, NOTHING, not any interview, then passed down, not a phone interview, email inquiry, nothing I mean send out resume/cover letter and never hear back. It is bloody hard but we have to keep trying.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
yeah i do hate the effort, because i hate when i get denied something when i make an effort, take initiative
Just continue to answer this question everyday you wake up and you will be fine

"What can I do differently today to move closer to employment that I didn't do yesterday?"

Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Just continue to answer this question everyday you wake up and you will be fine

"What can I do differently today to move closer to employment that I didn't do yesterday?"
One answer to that question would be to, not pass up opportunities even if they don't look at first.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeddude8 View Post
my saying is "You got to fight the suck", everyday is a constant battle between the tinniest bit of hope and soul crushing depression. There are so many days when I just don't want to bother looking because since October I have found nothing, NOTHING, not any interview, then passed down, not a phone interview, email inquiry, nothing I mean send out resume/cover letter and never hear back. It is bloody hard but we have to keep trying.
yeah, it's just that when I got hired at Target for my seasonal job, i guess i got my hopes up way too high, i was too optimistic that it could turn into a permanent position, i thought that my unemployment pain would finally come to an end, because i remember at my orientation last fall, the HR Boss said the best way to try to remain permanently on the staff is to have perfect attendence, always be on time, never late once, and that was not the case for me, i had perfect attendence, i was always on time, never late once.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 PM

841 posts, read 1,917,283 times
It's so easy to hope THIS INTERVIEW this time will be the one. You just want it to be over, and join the land of the people who matter, job holders, again.

It's not easy to live with people looking for work or be the one who must find a job.

Too many people are drifting around and we are being told go the hidden route for jobs.

Well, if someone wants a clerk or a teller or a secretary why in heck would they HAVE to hide the job? Post it and hire someone.

Does work of mouth REALLY guarantee the best applicant?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
It's so easy to hope THIS INTERVIEW this time will be the one. You just want it to be over, and join the land of the people who matter, job holders, again.

It's not easy to live with people looking for work or be the one who must find a job.

Too many people are drifting around and we are being told go the hidden route for jobs.

Well, if someone wants a clerk or a teller or a secretary why in heck would they HAVE to hide the job? Post it and hire someone.

Does work of mouth REALLY guarantee the best applicant?
Oh I know that would be a NIGHTMARE if I had to live with someone while unemployed-lol They probably would be monitoring your actions each day to have a reason to tell you why you are still unemployed. lol

I was contacted for a Hidden Job but it was not my interest of work and far from home. Working with recovering drug addicts.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM

428 posts, read 900,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Oh I know that would be a NIGHTMARE if I had to live with someone while unemployed-lol They probably would be monitoring your actions each day to have a reason to tell you why you are still unemployed. lol

I was contacted for a Hidden Job but it was not my interest of work and far from home. Working with recovering drug addicts.
My boyfriend keeps telling me I need to find a job cause Im too dang hyper and have to much energy cause when he gets off work... Apparently Im a little chatty LOL ...

Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
My boyfriend keeps telling me I need to find a job cause Im too dang hyper and have to much energy cause when he gets off work... Apparently Im a little chatty LOL ...
why doesn't he hook you up with the job he has? after all, networking seems to help people get a job these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search