Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 AM

30 posts, read 63,944 times

Advertisements

I was contacted via email to schedule an interview out of state. I emailed back and told them I was actually in town for the rest of the week. By the end of the week I heard no response so I called. When I called, the lady cut me off and told me she was working on it and will let me know. I still heard no response so I emailed her with new dates when I arrived back home. It is now day 6 since I received the email to schedule an interview., do you think that she changed her mind about interviewing me, or is it too soon to hear a response? Should I call next week?

Everything in the email was grammatically correct so I don't think it was anything wrong with my response back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 11:29 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,165,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiSW View Post
I was contacted via email to schedule an interview out of state. I emailed back and told them I was actually in town for the rest of the week. By the end of the week I heard no response so I called. When I called, the lady cut me off and told me she was working on it and will let me know. I still heard no response so I emailed her with new dates when I arrived back home. It is now day 6 since I received the email to schedule an interview., do you think that she changed her mind about interviewing me, or is it too soon to hear a response? Should I call next week?

Everything in the email was grammatically correct so I don't think it was anything wrong with my response back.

Some recruiters are just really hairbrained. Other times, these recruiters have a huge pool of applicants they are constantly pimping everywhere, and she may have just determined you really werent worth the time (not trying to be offensive).

Old 04-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Some recruiters are just really hairbrained. Other times, these recruiters have a huge pool of applicants they are constantly pimping everywhere, and she may have just determined you really werent worth the time (not trying to be offensive).
Ugh it's frustrating. I'm really to find in a job different area. I wish she would at least tell me the position has been filled or something instead of leaving me wondering.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:11 PM

392 posts, read 702,523 times
was it a recruiter or a company's HR?

Sometimes recruiters are just phishing for data - like # of responses per fake job, and trying to build up an analytics database, practicing interviews, etc. A lot of jobs are fake or window shopping.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:44 PM

841 posts, read 1,912,364 times
She probably has other fish on the hook. These people are all friendly until you can be of no use to them. Then you never hear from them again.

You're probably wasting your time.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharecropper View Post
was it a recruiter or a company's HR?

Sometimes recruiters are just phishing for data - like # of responses per fake job, and trying to build up an analytics database, practicing interviews, etc. A lot of jobs are fake or window shopping.
It was the company's HR

Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 PM

26,585 posts, read 61,839,041 times
I'm guessing that better qualified resumes popped up after you were contacted. Pretty unprofessional behavior to leave you hanging like that though. She should have at least had the courtesy to respond and let you know that she was sorry, but they had changed their minds about interviewing you.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,125,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm guessing that better qualified resumes popped up after you were contacted. Pretty unprofessional behavior to leave you hanging like that though. She should have at least had the courtesy to respond and let you know that she was sorry, but they had changed their minds about interviewing you.
This happened to me at an Investment Bank that I interviewed with. The I-banking Associate told me that I would be coming in for an interview and then the day before the interview, he contacted me and said the schedule has changed and the team can't interview me and that they will have to reschedule. 2 weeks later, he sends me an email saying they already made an offer to a candidate. During the 2 weeks, I sent follow up emails asking about the schedule and he kept saying they will schedule it soon. This kind of bad behavior is very common.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
This happened to me at an Investment Bank that I interviewed with. The I-banking Associate told me that I would be coming in for an interview and then the day before the interview, he contacted me and said the schedule has changed and the team can't interview me and that they will have to reschedule. 2 weeks later, he sends me an email saying they already made an offer to a candidate. During the 2 weeks, I sent follow up emails asking about the schedule and he kept saying they will schedule it soon. This kind of bad behavior is very common.
I'm sure they decided to pick someone else, but I'm going to call tomorrow anyway...what do I have to lose?

That bad behavior is very unprofessional. Why can't they even have the courtesy to contact me and tell me someone else was chosen?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 AM

841 posts, read 1,912,364 times
There are a million factors why A is not hired over B, C, D and so on.

Of course some will say you must be EXCELLENT and if not hired you were the **** up but that is not always true..

Try to move on from it.

They might like someone else better, find a cute girl instead of you, or hire the boss's son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search