Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,896,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
LOL Rock on... He told me another person he works with was thinking about applying. I told him if that personhe gave me his info I'd do his resume too for a fee
If you know others, that may be a easy way to get some income coming in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 02:32 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,055,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
i'm still mad i have to put of company on my resume that's out of business
WHY? NOT listing a job because the place is out of business can create a gap in employment many years long.

There isn't a much better "reason for leaving" than the closing of the business.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,453,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
Anyways due to my laptop crashing in Dec because of a evil virus I lost everything including his resume.
Did you try and have the information on your hard drive retrieved? I've twice "lost" everything in my system (and am very bad about backing up data). There wasn't a virus involved (yea for Mac!) but on both occasions a computer technician was able to salvage everything and put it onto an auxiliary hard drive. Worth a try if you still have the computer.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 AM

428 posts, read 898,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Did you try and have the information on your hard drive retrieved? I've twice "lost" everything in my system (and am very bad about backing up data). There wasn't a virus involved (yea for Mac!) but on both occasions a computer technician was able to salvage everything and put it onto an auxiliary hard drive. Worth a try if you still have the computer.

Hmmm I'll have to ask Todds brother in law about that hes the techy person that saved it. I just know I got a text message a day after I dropped it off... " Good News it lives" " Bad news you lost everything" At least my resume was on one of my jump stick( Flashdrive) Really didnt think twice about it except for being upset about the music I lost till now...( hence the reason for the virus I think) -Bad Tara.. It came home with lots of virus protection so Im all good know..

Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,832,528 times
A lot of our applicants worked for companies now out of business, but most have the phone number of a former supervisor or even coworker who can provide a reference.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the poster who stated the best reason you can give for losing your job is that the company went out of business. Do you think anyone held it against Madoff's receptionist when she went looking for a new job? Maybe his senior level people, but certainly not the worker bees.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 PM

29,642 posts, read 24,665,756 times
Regarding places now out of business... It is actually quite common for manufacturing job seekers to have companies listed that are now out of business. The last ten years have led to a massive consolidation of the manufacturing sector largely due to gains in automation, as well as offshoring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search