Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,387,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
Just go to the Canadian border and mouth off to the border patrol. They'll complete a background check in 20 minutes, while you wait.
While not actually helpful, pretty funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM

382 posts, read 1,920,804 times
good post.

my brother is in similar position. he signed an official job offer on 5/23. he also provided/signed info for the background investigation. they originally said it will take 2 weeks. then 3 weeks after, he contacted them and they said - someone was out of the office, so there is a delay. few days ago he contacted them and they said that there is an issue and they cannot get a hold of one of the past employers (duhhh - they are out of business). my brother provided them with telephone number of previous manager who can confirm for that employer. TODAY IS 6/27!!!!

they told him that he passed criminal, physical, drug, e-verify portions. education/employment verification is what's left. this is for county job.

my brother is going nuts. they really need to say YES or NO.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:54 AM

23,196 posts, read 28,999,288 times
For all you know, there could be an astrologer working on your case, the one that worked for Nancy Reagan to determine if you're fit to join their team.

Whenever I get a new roommate in my house, I look at their birthdate only, skip any other background checks, and it has served me well over the years, an astrological analysis of that person.

If I were a business owner, I would do the same! And I'm sure there's any number of employers who employ astrology secretly, sneakily, without your awareness of it!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 AM

30,239 posts, read 23,706,708 times
OP, is there another place to call? Maybe HR? I know you said it's for a gas station but where does that gas station send all their paperwork? I'd call that place...make sure they even sent in the background check information. Trust me on that one.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 AM

12,094 posts, read 23,246,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginAlyssa56 View Post
It's for Chevron Gas Station My position is just for a cashier. i've heard they do extensive background checks but the asst. manager said it usually takes 1 week for them to go through.
I keep thinking if it was really bad they'd say i failed or something. I don't even think the background check is done.

I don't actually ask what's going on since i dont' want to push the asst. manager away anymore than she's gotten. I try to be nice and just say "I'm checking to see if the background check is pending" because thats what happened the first time i called her when it was only 3 weeks or so. She said it was pending but today when I called she said it was Under Investigation and instead of saying she'd call me when it was done she said she'd call IF anything changes. So i'm really confused!

When she said it was "pending" she meant that it hadn't been started. "Under Investigation" probably means that it actually with the backgrouind investigation agency (or she will send it within the next week or so, as long as she doesn't forget).

Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 21,941 times
i applyed for a job at the goodwill now my application is pending what could be the problem

Old 01-13-2013, 01:04 PM

2 posts, read 21,941 times
Question i need work

recently i applied for a job at te goodwill while waiting for the back ground i jst found out that it is pendind so nervous what could be the problem

Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,704,591 times
My guess is something came up that they didn't like. Although the background may be true or not once the hiring company sees that they usually just move on to find someone else while the background company straightens everything out.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,654,999 times
I had to have an SP86(?) background check for the only 'real' job I got in South Florida for Homeland Security.
The employer told me it would take a month. After three months, the FBI still hadnt finished their part. They called people at weird hours and used phone numbers that were not on the form. In the meantime, we were mercifully and finally able to put the nightmare of Florida behind us, so I called them and said dont even bother finishing the check. But yeah, over three months for my check

Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 10,640 times
Wow it sound like someone is giving you the run around if I were you I would ask to speak to someone else who can be straight forward with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search