Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:12 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,682,890 times

Advertisements

I once had a background check it still wasn't completed within one year. It's a long story, but they let me work anyway, while the check was pending. I finished the job before they finished the background check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,942 times
Waiting, waiting, and waiting some more. Got a letter from a CA state agency saying... "Congratulations, you have been selected for the position of ______________!" The offer is contingent on a Criminal Background check through Live Scan. I am still waiting for the check and I understand that there are at least 11 people in total waiting for the Live Scan results at this agency site.. This is a huge CA state agency and I am told there is a transmission problem with the agency receiving information from DOJ. Anybody experience anything similar?

Old 08-25-2016, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,221 times
Hi can anyone please answer this question i have i started working for shopnsave and i actually worked one day and my manager said my background didnt come threw yet it was a mistake so i was sent home its been 3 weeks and my background still hasnt come back i call them there getting a little annoyed by me i can tell but they keep saying they have contacted the background company and they said there going a little slow but i never have ..had to wait this long on a background what should i do

Old 08-25-2016, 06:33 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica213 View Post
Hi can anyone please answer this question i have i started working for shopnsave and i actually worked one day and my manager said my background didnt come threw yet it was a mistake so i was sent home its been 3 weeks and my background still hasnt come back i call them there getting a little annoyed by me i can tell but they keep saying they have contacted the background company and they said there going a little slow but i never have ..had to wait this long on a background what should i do
find a new job.. and it would be best to start your own post rather than restarting a pretty old thread (FYI).

So really my advice is to forgot about ShopnSave - having a background check take 3 weeks for that type of position is way outside of normal.. I've worked in senior level positions in financial services that only took a week. A basic job at a grocery store shouldn't take long - caveat for if you've moved a lot of times over their employment period search and many were rural places (which would make delays). As you have not heard back, i would assume that they are no longer interested in having you work there and you should immediately begin searching for a new job. If they happen to come back to you and you still want the job- then you have it.. otherwise you have not wasted weeks of your time being unemployed. best of luck

Old 06-05-2017, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,568 times
Good morning. I have a quick question. I applied for a job with the usps and Memorial Day I received a email fro GSI requesting my DMV records and a background check. I was wondering about how long does the DMV and background check take? It's been 1 week tomorrow. Thank you for you time

Last edited by Mandy sims; 06-05-2017 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 06-05-2017, 04:55 PM

724 posts, read 448,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy sims View Post
Good morning. I have a quick question. I applied for a job with the usps and Memorial Day I received a email fro GSI requesting my DMV records and a background check. I was wondering about how long does the DMV and background check take? It's been 1 week tomorrow. Thank you for you time
Mine took less than an hour for my security job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search