Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:31 AM

4,400 posts, read 13,394,577 times

Advertisements

Good suggestion. I looked at that list and decided I felt like going through all of it would make me feel like I was being interviewed.

So, absolutely...answer them and we will give feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 12:32 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
I suggest you read this before answering any of those questions:

//www.city-data.com/forum/work-...l#post21445518

Old 08-15-2012, 12:23 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Why don't you try answering them and we'll give you constructive feedback instead of asking us to solve your problem for you. And no, the answer doesn't have to be work related--it can be something you did in school, with friends, or on your own. The interviewer understands that you don't have a ton of work related experience to draw from.
"Tell me about a time when you helped out someone without being told?"

I did that frequently at Target whenever I saw a guest browsing, looking around, asking if they needed help finding anything on the sales floor, i would approach them first.

"How do you handle conflict"?(i believe they are referring to conflict among your co-workers right?)

I would do my best to calm everybody down, and identify the source, cause of the conflict and do my best to resolve it

"What is your greatest strength, or strengths?"

I'm very adaptable, a fast and quick-learner

"Name a time when you had to multi-task?"

I was helping my Dad refurbish his property, the houses he owns by cleaning, scraping off old paint and sanding wood, alternating back and forth

"Describe a situation you were put under pressure and how did you resolve it?"

This actually happend at Target, when i was about to clock out, get off work, a paniced woman was scared because she couldn't find her little girl, so i did what i was trained to do, that i got my walkie-talkie and shouted out code-yellow, and i kept her calm letting her know that all of our employees are out looking for her in the store now

"Recall a time when you had to complete a task or project that was a stretch of your skills, beyond your skillset?"

When I did Cashiering at Target, it was my first time ever, it was tricky for me at first but the more time I spent on it, the better I got.

"Tell me about a time when you realized that you made a mistake and how did you fix it?"

Answerfor that question, the way I answered it before in an interview was that when I realized I made some grammar, punctualiational error in writing an essay, i used a school-related answer, but not sure if that was a good answer or not)

"What is one thing a teacher or supervisor has told you to improve on?"

That I need more improvement on my writing, essay, paragraph-skills, because I haven't been told by that from a Supervisor or Boss before, only Teacher

"What would you do if you saw an employee stealing?"(i've been asked a similiar question before but the question was involving only a customer, guest stealing, not an employee)

I would report it to Security

"If you were confronted with a situation where you only had a small amount of time to finish all your work, how would you handle that situation?"

I would do my best to speed it up and if i'm unable to finish what i can't, i would get one of my co-workers to finish it for me if he or she is not busy, but i try my best to avoid those situations and to finish my work always on time

"Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker, what was the outcome?"( never had any disagreement with a co-worker in the short-term jobs i had)

I never had any disagreement with a co-worker

"Name a time where yo had to put someone's needs before your own?"

Whenever during customer-service, because the customer always comes first, the customer is always right

"What does customer-service mean to you?"

that the Customer is always right, the Customer always comes first, showing the Customer that you care and want to satisfy their needs and resolve any issue they are having

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

I hope to still be working for you and have moved on up to a Supervisor or Manager position

What do you think of these answers? give me specific detailed feedback

Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
"Tell me about a time when you helped out someone without being told?"

I did that frequently at Target whenever I saw a guest browsing, looking around, asking if they needed help finding anything on the sales floor, i would approach them first.

What do you think of these answers? give me specific detailed feedback
Did you take the time to read the article I posted for you?

Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Did you take the time to read the article I posted for you?
Yes I did, but i would like feedback as to the answers I gave to those interview questions

Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
Yes I did, but i would like feedback as to the answers I gave to those interview questions
I don't see your answers having any relevance to the article I posted. There are 3 key things I specifically mentioned in my article. I don't see your answers reflect any of them.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:42 PM

For example (Please note how many times I said "supervisor". Read my article and you will understand why:

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

I would like to learn as much as possible from you about the business and the job. The more I understand the business and processes, the better I can do my job. I believe my job here is to make you, my supervisor, more successful, and in turn I'll be successful.

"What is your greatest strength, or strengths?"

My commitment and loyalty to my supervisor, my excellent customer service skill and I am very hardworking.

"What is one thing a teacher or supervisor has told you to improve on?"

I had a tendency to take on more work than what I can complete. My supervisor talked to me about this and he recognized that how hard I work but he also told me that I need to communicate to him whenever I see that I can't meet the deadline because of the workload. I have made significant improvement in this aspect.

"What would you do if you saw an employee stealing?"

I would report it to my supervisor.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't see your answers having any relevance to the article I posted. There are 3 key things I specifically mentioned in my article. I don't see your answers reflect any of them.
yes i know that those 3 traits are imperative to succeed in job interviews, but the answers i say, give matter to as well, so i want to know how my answers are

Old 08-16-2012, 02:47 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Bad B.O.?

Old 08-16-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Bad B.O.?
yes because for a very long-time in my life whenever i applied for a job, i could not even get an interview in the first place, but lately the past 8 months i've been getting them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search