Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you work for a company who hires x Felony Convicts
Yes I Would 16 69.57%
No I Would Not 2 8.70%
Don"t Know For Sure 4 17.39%
I Would Be Looking Somewhere Else For A Job 1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:26 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,017,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
For one, I never said you should hire a rapist, a child molester or anything like that now did I? No, I didn't

Then maybe you should do some more checking and see about possible tax breaks you could get.

I receive a tax break for the 2 I hired. and both of them were out of prison over 5 years prior to me hiring them, plus I get a bond on them from the department of labor.

I am not sure if you think you are the only employer on here and therefore you think you are the one and only authority so just because you say it is one way, it has to be that way, but sorry to inform you, but this is not the case.
Maybe you need to go back and read what I said. I quote:

Quote:
NO, we don't always get tax breaks for hiring them. That's a fallacy.
Notice the word ALWAYS? There is NOT ALWAYS a tax credit for hiring a felon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Maybe you need to go back and read what I said. I quote:

Notice the word ALWAYS? There is NOT ALWAYS a tax credit for hiring a felon.
Well for me there ALWAYS is a tax credit for hiring a felon.

Honestly sometimes it takes getting past ones own pride for them to learn something. Because you believe one way, you have a hard time excepting that maybe you could be wrong, or maybe there is something you have missed.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Well for me there ALWAYS is a tax credit for hiring a felon.

Honestly sometimes it takes getting past ones own pride for them to learn something. Because you believe one way, you have a hard time excepting that maybe you could be wrong, or maybe there is something you have missed.
Your tax situation is different from mine. So your always doesn't necessarily apply to me.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Your tax situation is different from mine. So your always doesn't necessarily apply to me.
I am sure mine does differ, for one, I am sure we are in different states. But on the same hand there may be some tax breaks you do not know about. But for some reason, you are sure you know and think you can not have missed something, which honestly is not good business sense.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:25 AM

69 posts, read 101,109 times
Everyone has the right to a second chance, i would hire you but if you failed at work you would be kicked.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I am sure mine does differ, for one, I am sure we are in different states. But on the same hand there may be some tax breaks you do not know about. But for some reason, you are sure you know and think you can not have missed something, which honestly is not good business sense.
We have a CPA firm do our taxes. They are aware of the demographics of our employee roster--we have a disabled veteran and another person with a disability under the ADA that we get credits for. They ask these types of questions.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
I work at a university that includes mostly traditional college aged students (18-22 and then average around 28 for grad school) but also has a daycare and high school programs. No way are we hiring someone with a record when we get hundreds of applications for each job. These people are not "just like me" - I managed to make it through life without doing something that would land me in jail. I don't think it's all that high of an expectation to demand the same of those I work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search