Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Two words: F**K THEM.

Seriously. People will look at resumes for anything for which they can disqualify you. Some of it is not at all related to someone's ability to do the job.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 07:13 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Look, people might have a good boss, a person who is very competent, can apportion work with a view towards individual abilities and limitations, develops his employees, etc.

But that does not mitigate the fact that corporations, though the Supreme Court views them as people, are heartless. They will lay off masses of people because they can, they go on campaigns to get rid of older workers because they cost to much, they lobby the government to allow more inexpensive foreign workers into the country, they move facilities overseas where they pay third world wages to workers, they constantly lobby the government to be able to pollute the air and water, poison our food, make unsafe cars, etc.

They are a necessary evil but are not our friends. They would fire you in a second if they could replace you with a machine and they could not care less if you were thrown out on the street, penniless.

That you or anyone feels any sense of loyalty or obligation to truthfulness to such organizations is beyond me. You'd have to be young, naive, and unaware of how the world around you functions.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Look, people might have a good boss, a person who is very competent, can apportion work with a view towards individual abilities and limitations, develops his employees, etc.

But that does not mitigate the fact that corporations, though the Supreme Court views them as people, are heartless. They will lay off masses of people because they can, they go on campaigns to get rid of older workers because they cost to much, they lobby the government to allow more inexpensive foreign workers into the country, they move facilities overseas where they pay third world wages to workers, they constantly lobby the government to be able to pollute the air and water, poison our food, make unsafe cars, etc.

They are a necessary evil but are not our friends. They would fire you in a second if they could replace you with a machine and they could not care less if you were thrown out on the street, penniless.

That you or anyone feels any sense of loyalty or obligation to truthfulness to such organizations is beyond me. You'd have to be young, naive, and unaware of how the world around you functions.

Agreed

Old 09-11-2012, 12:48 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times
Quote:

Careful, someone might come along and say you're just being negative or label you a Marxist.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Careful, someone might come along and say you're just being negative or label you a Marxist.
I don't see why. I just think I'm being a realist. I'm not spreading propaganda, but speaking the truth. I do think those who do better should get paid more.

If we were capitalist you would not see the government bailing out auto companies or financial institutions. Our system should have the government representing those who vote for them, not those who pay the most for their campaigns.

We have too much government in business, and vice versa, but it is not government regulations that is hurting us, but corporate money and bribes.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,742,631 times
Quote:
I don't see why. I just think I'm being a realist. I'm not spreading propaganda, but speaking the truth. I do think those who do better should get paid more.

If we were capitalist you would not see the government bailing out auto companies or financial institutions. Our system should have the government representing those who vote for them, not those who pay the most for their campaigns.

We have too much government in business, and vice versa, but it is not government regulations that is hurting us, but corporate money and bribes.
That's the knee-jerk reaction by 6 or 7 trolls on this forum when anyone dares speak the truth about corporations.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
That's the knee-jerk reaction by 6 or 7 trolls on this forum when anyone dares speak the truth about corporations.
They have to worship something!

Old 09-13-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
They have to worship something!

That would be the LAST thing I would worship, if I worshipped it at all.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:23 AM

934 posts, read 1,938,763 times
Quote:
You don't see the irony in this post?

Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM

128 posts, read 267,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
You don't see the irony in this post?
No, and he never will. My question is how big does a corporation have to be before it becomes evil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search