Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 05:09 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Well, I've been "bitten in the ass" more times than I can count - call it a bad hand of cards, if you will. As for my parents, well, that was just one big mess of confusion, as my mother taught me that it was "okay to lie sometimes" and my dad gave me a spanking whenever he was mad, regardless of how I was behaving at the time. So, as far as moral standards go, I just do what's best for me, myself and I - just like the corporations so many folks on here worship without restriction.

People have treated me rather poorly throughout most of my existence, so whatever debt I've incurred for my "immoral" ways have been paid several times over, with interest to boot. Society has made it incredibly difficult for me to make a living, so why should I make it any easier for those who seek to make my life even more difficult?

So, I just play the game the best way I know how - using the rules that I see people playing by each and every day. Don't like it? Tough. You do what's best for you, and I do what's best for me. Just like the corporations do.
The moralists fail to practice what they preach, they are the first ones to throw the stone, and of course they foolishly think they can rewrite the rules of physical universe, as it presently exists in America with respect to survival tactics in the American workforce.

But the moralists propose no realistic solutions (that will bring about actual results) to the problems the unemployed are going through. It ain't your grandaddy's "1929".

Now you have computer ATS programs screening you out and a whole set of new prejudices against the unemployed. They want to nose in your credit report, Facebook, and do all but stick a microscope up your derriere. Exclusion is hate. It may a soft, implied, passive form but it's still hate. Hating the poor is still hate. Hating people over 40 is still hate. Same goes for hating those who are receiving gov't aid to survive. Oops. I forgot war veterans. That's a another group. And what do ALL the universal religious figures say about "hating?"

I propose all the moralists get together, form corporations and start hiring the unemployed. Talk is cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 05:22 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,520,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
The moralists fail to practice what they preach, they are the first ones to throw the stone, and of course they foolishly think they can rewrite the rules of physical universe, as it presently exists in America with respect to survival tactics in the American workforce.

But the moralists propose no realistic solutions (that will bring about actual results) to the problems the unemployed are going through. It ain't your grandaddy's "1929".

Now you have computer ATS programs screening you out and a whole set of new prejudices against the unemployed. They want to nose in your credit report, Facebook, and do all but stick a microscope up your derriere. Exclusion is hate. It may a soft, implied, passive form but it's still hate. Hating the poor is still hate. Hating people over 40 is still hate. Same goes for hating those who are receiving gov't aid to survive. Oops. I forgot war veterans. That's a another group. And what do ALL the universal religious figures say about "hating?"

I propose all the moralists get together, form corporations and start hiring the unemployed. Talk is cheap.
Yeppers, I agree with you a 100% - it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my way of thinking.

It used to be that you could get a job just by talking with someone and a handshake - there was hardly any reason to lie your way into a job. Now, with the employment process so danged difficult, most people are forced to lie in some fashion or another just to get through the application process - especially on those horrid "personality screeners."

In short, the corporations are feeling the results of their own nasty karma, and trust me, it's only gonna get worse as time goes on. I'm just tellin' it like it is, plain and simple...

Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 PM

417 posts, read 825,067 times
lying works when you're really low or really high in the totem pole. For the other percentage in the middle it merely carries the risk of being discovered and immediately disqualified from further consideration, and or terminated if already employed. On the other hand, putting a "good spin" on the resume is done by every single intelligent job seeker. In this respect, I would argue that a lot more people are "lying" on resumes. In fact, if I recall correctly, studies show the percentage at roughly 80%. That is to say, some 8/10 people lie or embellish...make of that what you will...

Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM

300 posts, read 1,136,852 times
It's around 80%-90% people lie or embellish, puffer up or what ever you want to call it on their resumes. Think about it people constantly lie every single god dame day whether it be returning a damaged product at a store claiming that it was just like that, under oath in court, when they are caught red handed, etc so it doesn't surprise me that people will also lie or embellish on resumes/interviews. Top CEO's lie about college degrees and are now self-made millionaires.

The former CEO of Basuch and Lomb Ronald Zarella lied about his MBA and was he fired NO!!!! That's right he was not FIRED; Basuch and Lomb kept him because he was so valuable to the company.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
I'm sure the Yahoo! exec who got fired already has a new job by now. So......it seems the "big boys" can lie and they get away with it but the rest of us "regular Joes" can't? LOL LOL

Old 08-30-2012, 08:02 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Who would have thought that having moral fiber could be something to be ridiculed and sneered at ...

Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
I'm sure the Yahoo! exec who got fired already has a new job by now. So......it seems the "big boys" can lie and they get away with it but the rest of us "regular Joes" can't? LOL LOL

That is the way it is Mystique. The responses will be that two wrongs don't make a right, all the while railing on the regular joes. You won't hear a peep about the big boys and their lies.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:51 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
You won't hear a peep about the big boys and their lies.

Those "big boys" obtained and kept their positions with rather more substantial qualifications than zero references and zero education. And of course you "hear a peep" about them when their faces and histories are all over the national news. Apples and oranges.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:08 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:

Old 08-31-2012, 08:14 AM

934 posts, read 1,938,763 times
Quote:

No one here really cares about your morals or lack of them. Knock yourself out and get to lying, if you haven't already. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search