Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 PM

5 posts, read 6,658 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

At this time, i am looking for a job. I post my curriculum vitae below. I think, there are a lot of wrongs sentences and grammar. Please help me correct that wrongs.

Thanks you very much!

CURRICULUM VITAE
Personal Information:
Full name: ..........
Date of Birth: March 04, 19...
Place of Birth: ......
Marital Status: Single
Contact address: ......
Cell phone: .........
Email: .................@gmail.com
Education background:
July, 2010 Graduated Major In Construction Economics and Management - University of Civil engineering.
September, 2009 Finished Certificate about Cost Engineering (QC, QS);
Certificate about Project Management And Tender.
Work experiences:
From September, 2010 – October, 2011
Position: Planning and project management Department – Staff
Thanh Nam Construction and Investmen,. JSC (COTANAGROUP)
Responsibilities: (Projects: 12 – 17 Floors)
- Search, compare, choose and negotiation, make contract with subcontractors and vendors; Manage contracts during construction stage.
- Make Bid documents; Make a bill of Quantities and cost estimation.
- Read and calculate quantity of materials and works from drawings, Identify variation works and submit accurate cost estimation
- Schedule, supervise and control subcontractors to carry out their works accurately and timely in accordance to the contract drawings and specifications
From January, 2012 – October, 2012
Position: Project Planning Department – Staff
116 Infrastructure Development,. JSC (116 INFRADE,. JSC)
Responsibilities: (Projects: 2 – 7 Floors)
- Make Bid documents; Make a bill of Quantities and cost estimation.
- Quality control; Protect Quality and Quantity documents with investors, supervision consultants and other partners.
Computer and English Skills:
- Computer skills: Good at computer: Fluent Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
Fluent Autocad, Estimate Softwares: G8, Accitt …
Take advantage of Internet environement.
- English skills : Communication English basic; prepare and make contract, documents.
Reading comprehension and work with Bilingual documents.
Competence and skills other:
- Agile working style, flexible working.
- Negotiation skill, work managerment, creative and initiative.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations.
- Be careful and able to work independent, team work as well.
- Enthusiasm, responsible for work, able to work under high pressure.
- Frendly, sociable, adaptation with new environment.
Favourite:
- Listen to music, football, traveling and comunicate with community.
- Reading book, news, find out about economy.
Career goals:
- Become a good project management expert.
- To raise English skills.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and professional environment, have the opportunity to develop and long term work.
-------------------------------------------------------
I confirm that the information provided is true to the best of my knowledge.
Any-contact with me via information below:
Mobile: ...
Email: .............@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,278,385 times
Immediately: Gender, birthday, and marital status should be left out. I also don't know what kind of a gender "nam" is supposed to be.

Quote:
July, 2010 Graduated Major In Construction Economics and Management - University of Civil engineering.
State your degree. Like "July 2010: B.S. degree in XXX."
I also wouldn't capitalize anything that is not directly a part of your degree. But I'm no native speaker, so that has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote:
From September, 2010 – October, 2011
Just "Sept. 2010 - Oct. 2011:". I think writing out the months is too long and you don't need the "from" either.

Quote:
Responsibilities
You're talking about your past experiences here so you need to use past tense. Only use present tense for your current job responsibilities.

Quote:
Computer skills: Good at computer: Fluent Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
Fluent Autocad, Estimate Softwares: G8, Accitt …
Take advantage of Internet environement.
- English skills : Communication English basic; prepare and make contract, documents.
Reading comprehension and work with Bilingual documents.
"Good at computer" sounds like a 12 year-old. Leave that out completely and just state which skills you have.
"Take advantage of internet environment" -> no clue what that means
If you say that your English skills are just basic they are going to trash your application right away.

I also don't think that hobbies should be a part of your resume either.

Those were the points that I noticed immediately, there's a lot more room for improvement I'm sure.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 6,658 times
Thanks you so much, Rob702 !
I'm going to check again the points that you noticed. The most importance point, you notied for me about "Gender" that i'm male. Hihih..."Nam" in my native langue means male, a man. One more time, thanks you very much

Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,339 times
I recommend using a thesaurus (Thesaurus.com | Find Synonyms and Antonyms of Words at Thesaurus.com), or a good employment/jobs web site, to diversify the verbs and make them more specific. For example, "Make Bid documents; Make a bill of Quantities and cost estimation" could be:

* Generated bid documents
* Prepared bill of quantities and cost estimation

I would recommend "googling" some resumes on the Internet and using verbs from those. I would also encourage you to reorganize your resume, as the information therein is a bit of a mess.

Jobs in the past should have past-tense verbs!

Get an educated native English speaker or a non-native English language teacher to proofread your resume. There are many language errors here; I'm sorry, I don't have time to correct them all for you.
Good luck.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,803 times
If you're applying for jobs in the USA, I think you should use the American spelling of words and not the British form.

Favourite should be "Favorite" Though I would remove the "Favorite" section entirely.

You may also want to consider paying for a service to fix your resume.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
I think you should mention WHERE you got your degree. Also, a lot will depend on what you are applying for. "Knowledge of laws and regulations" doesn't mean anything. What laws? what regulations?

Old 10-10-2012, 03:56 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
This thread has been moved from the education forum.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search