Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 PM

810 posts, read 1,758,201 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to post a FYI. This company Lancesoft has contacted me twice in the last month regarding a position "perfect for me." They claim the company hiring is UPS - however this company is United Postal Service (not United Parcel Service, or USPS). The recruiter had such a heavy accent I had to ask him to repeat everything that he said twice and I was still unsure so I asked him to please send me a email and I stated that when he called it was not a good time to talk.
When I googled Lancesoft so many bad things came up (complaints, etc.)
Just a warning please check info, and this company says that they received my info off of Monster so now it's not only the listings on Craigslist these scammers are hitting CB, and Monster.
I wish there was a way to shut down these jerks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,470,572 times
Whats wrong working for UPS?

Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Whats wrong working for UPS?
Nothing is wrong with working for UPS (United Parcel Service) they have great benefits, great pay heck I would love to work for them, they are one of the companies I am trying to get on with.
This Lancesoft Staffing initally told me "UPS" and I assumed it was UPS when I asked the "recruiter" for more info he stated that the company was UPS - United Postal Service, not the real UPS. Then he was stating how he needed my birthday, just month and day and the last 5 of my social security.
My radar went up and I googled the company Lancesoft and I found several articles online complaining of false info from them, and the same thing when I rda their telephone number.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 PM

6 posts, read 35,105 times
I just got hired through Lancesoft. I took the chance even though I was nervous because the staffing agency is out of my state. The recruiter had a super thick accent so I was kind of suspicious... I thought it was a scam but so far been on the job a month and no problems. The only reason I feel the need to say something is because I googled them and found nothing, and was very nervous about taking the job with them but desperate times called for desperate measures. The only think I found was that they are centrally located in India, I was worried I'd be working and my money would be lost in transit in India or something, but so far everything is fine. My only complaint is that I get paid twice a month, on the 1st and 15th.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:28 PM

I couldn't find anything positive when I googled them just things regarding scams and complaints. It's good to hear something positive regarding them.
Ill dig a bit deeper.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:13 PM

4 posts, read 31,397 times
Scam

Old 06-25-2014, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 24,315 times
Angry Clueless and possibly dangerous...

Been going back and forth with one of their "Senior" Recruiters for a contract position with Verizon who asked so many inappropriate questions that I had to pull the plug and tell them to basically delete me from their database.

First of all, the position title had nothing to do with the roles and responsibilities. Then, he asked many detailed questions that felt invasive and inappropriate. I've got a 20 year career well documented in my resume and frankly have never had to answer some of the questions they asked.

The last straw was when he ran a Google maps of my physical address to see how long my commute would be!!! ...and not only to the prospective job but to compare it to previous jobs!! When I asked about this he said it was to gauge how long it would take me to drive to work (obviously) but no reason as to why! I said finally that that was too much... if I'm in the same metro area, whether my commute is 15 minutes or 45 is nobody's business.

I've worked successfully with IT people from India a lot, and understand there are cultural differences, but I've seen cases where the level of micromanagement is offensive and started to think - OMG, are they going to call me to check if I've left home yet in the mornings?! I wouldn't put it past some people I've known.

Too much angling for personal information, and always with the excuse that "Verizon will not consider an incomplete submission".

OK, so here's the kicker... I decide to call the "Corporate Headquarters" in VA, and realize as the phone is ringing it's past 7pm on the East Coast. Well some random guy answers the phone; "hello..." I ask "Is this LanceSoft?" "Yes"... um ok... "I have a complaint, but I'll call back during business hours". well the guy says he'll try to help, and then tells me he HAPPENS to work in HR and is working "overtime"... fishy... all around.

Just avoid them. Of the 47,389 fly-by-night staffing companies this one must be one of the worst...

Old 07-02-2014, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 24,244 times
I received two rude emails from the so-called "recruiter" and wouldn't do business with them even if I was looking for a job. I told him I called the company and stated that they did not use lancesoft to hire people. This was the few emalis that followed (Mr Bisht cannot use spell check on outlook either):

Date: Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Subject: RE: Job description for -Document Reviewer, Amherst, NY 14226

I am unsure whether you are in the position or not but whoever provided this information to you is incorrect. But thanks for providing you precious time to reply back and after this I think I am not intrested hiring you for any client including Aetna. Thanks

Regards,

Manohar Singh Bisht

Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CCDF69.C8ED3250
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171
Direct:703-889-6855|Fax: 703-935-0339
ManoharB@Lancesoft.com|<a href="http...ceSoft.com</a>
Contingent Workforce| IT Solutions| Creative Solutions

Important Notice:
This e-mail and its contents are the copyright of LanceSoft Inc.

To read more, please visit LanceSoft Email Disclaimer
Description: cid:image001.jpg@01CF2D7C.40975D50Description: mpg_manpower_premier_supplier_email_signature_rgb

===============================

Sent: 02 July 2014 17:21
To: Manohar singh bisht ManoharB@lancesoft.com
Subject: Re: Job description for -Document Reviewer, Amherst, NY 14226

I don't know where you got my name but I work full time permanent with full benefits. I am not even looking for a job. Do not threaten me.

I wouldn't use a third party for jobs because most people need benefits (health ins) and third parties do not provide that AND take a percentage of salary.

Thank you for your response.
I'll be reposting this online.

===============================

Date: Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Subject: RE: Job description for -Document Reviewer, Amherst, NY 14226

FYI,

1st I have got your resume form Career Builder

2nd It was not mentioned anywhere on your resume that you are not looking for a job and being a recruiter i saw your resume and sent e-mail to you with the available job opportunity.

3rd 70% of employees are working as a contractor not a full time employee also I don’t see anywhere on your resume that you are looking for permanent employment if you have mentioned it please highlight/ Bold the letters, so that in future recruiter like me will not contact you.

Please let me know what makes you think that I tried to threaten you, I am just doing my job to help people getting job. Your reply would be appreciated . Thanks

Regards,

Manohar Singh Bisht

Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CCDF69.C8ED3250
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171
Direct:703-889-6855|Fax: 703-935-0339
ManoharB@Lancesoft.com|<a href="http...ceSoft.com</a>
Contingent Workforce| IT Solutions| Creative Solutions

Important Notice:
This e-mail and its contents are the copyright of LanceSoft Inc.
To read more, please visit LanceSoft Email Disclaimer
Description: cid:image001.jpg@01CF2D7C.40975D50Description: mpg_manpower_premier_supplier_email_signature_rgb

Old 07-22-2014, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 24,060 times
these people hired my guy for UPS and didn't know it was United Postal Service, he has been working since 6/30 and has not received a check yet! they have given us the run around about his pay, after taking all his vitals and bank account information, they can not speak English very well and the never asking the phone when you need them, it is the 22nd of July and he sit has no check and now they told him he would get his money on the first, Wow! i am calling the dept of labor today on this company, when he got the this offer i was very concerned about the hiring process, it was not organized nor was it professional. I can't wait for him to find something else, we need him working so I am sure glad i make enough to hold us down, but geez! how do we let companies like this come to America and cause such mess!

Old 07-22-2014, 04:28 PM

824 posts, read 1,243,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
UPS - however this company is United Postal Service (not United Parcel Service, or USPS).
No. UPS is the parcel service and USPS is the postal service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search