U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 56,143,863 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

I was hired on 12/17/12 but officially became part of staff on Monday, Dec 31st after the background check came back clean allowing to me receive my payroll number, company email, and tomorrow I take the picture for my company ID card. Looks like it would have made sense to just start me on January 2nd but I feel very lucky to have this opportunity and will not ever talk down to anyone receiving UC benefits for more than a year because I know how tough it is to find jobs today. I was also lucky enough to get the same type of role which is Job Counselor with a minor role in Job Development which I am excited to learn more so I can take on that role in the future.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
2,533 posts, read 4,417,210 times
Reputation: 2820
First reply in a soon to be 65 page thread!

Grats!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:48 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 56,143,863 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
First reply in a soon to be 65 page thread!

Grats!


Thanks I wasn't expecting a reply from you but I appreciate the congrats. Thank You
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
2,533 posts, read 4,417,210 times
Reputation: 2820
You're welcome! Keep us posted on how things go! I know you will!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:58 PM
 
Location: California
4,402 posts, read 12,976,951 times
Reputation: 3153
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was hired on 12/17/12 but officially became part of staff on Monday, Dec 31st after the background check came back clean allowing to me receive my payroll number, company email, and tomorrow I take the picture for my company ID card. Looks like it would have made sense to just start me on January 2nd but I feel very lucky to have this opportunity and will not ever talk down to anyone receiving UC benefits for more than a year because I know how tough it is to find jobs today. I was also lucky enough to get the same type of role which is Job Counselor with a minor role in Job Development which I am excited to learn more so I can take on that role in the future.
So glad to hear this!

The best to you in 2013!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:58 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 56,143,863 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
You're welcome! Keep us posted on how things go! I know you will!

I don't like that I;m the only employee under 40 but I guess that will pass over time. Usually when I start a new job I;m checking out the new female employees but that won't be the case on this job-lol
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:59 PM
 
3,083 posts, read 5,199,776 times
Reputation: 3524
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Usually when I start a new job I;m checking out the new female employees but that won't be the case on this job-lol


Congrats and all the best in 2013!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 04:05 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 56,143,863 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
So glad to hear this!

The best to you in 2013!


Thank You thebunny, it was a long process, applied on 7/31 and offered the job on 12/4
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,605 posts, read 56,143,863 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post


Congrats and all the best in 2013!

Thanks,
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 04:08 PM
 
Location: California
4,402 posts, read 12,976,951 times
Reputation: 3153
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Thank You thebunny, it was a long process, applied on 7/31 and offered the job on 12/4
I have heard that it was a long process to get a government job...not all that surprised it took 5 months, but a little amazed they are ever able to hire anyone with that kind of delay!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top