Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
So who do you think is the Alcoholic? The Hispanics or my friend?
Affirmative Action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:17 PM

342 posts, read 407,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
All in all,there are some inaccurate things on credit reports.
I have a collection from a CC company 8 years ago,that's still there. It was supposed to fall off last year,but it didn't.
Some collection agencies that I paid off still list things as derogatory,when I paid in full.(on 2 reports)
Between Equifax,Experian,And Transunion I have different scores,and you also have to take into account that agencies only have to report to ONE of the three.

Do you pull all three?
I don't recall if the company we used before we sold the business used 2 or 3 but I know it was more than one. I am well aware of all you mention and that's why (as I have said 3 time before) we looked at it and talked with the applicant about any concerns we had.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:19 PM

342 posts, read 407,883 times
Quote:
Affirmative Action?
OH. I have never had to deal with that. It was something that some government employers had to work with.

We simply did not take race into account in our business. We would even hire a Yankee if they repented of their sin of being a Yankee!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I wasn't referring to YOUR POST.

It was the one with the person saying some crap about trusting their employees around their "grandkids".

Is this how we're judging employees for jobs now? On how good they are around the employer's brats?
Oh no, well, look at this:
//www.city-data.com/forum/27625551-post181.html

You were responding to my post, and in bold.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:

OMG!! I love it!!!

Southerners, if anything are HONEST.

Nosey mf's that they are.
It's ok for them to be nosey, but not potential employers elsewhere?
You think it's cute that these southerners are blatantly illegal.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:25 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
Quote:
I wasn't referring to YOUR POST.

It was the one with the person saying some crap about trusting their employees around their "grandkids".

Is this how we're judging employees for jobs now? On how good they are around the employer's brats?
Well...I read his post..I was laughing so hard I fell off my chair. He's..um..flamingly stuck in another century. He's the type who will probably say that women shouldn't wear pants, smoke and drink. And vote, and use contraceptives. I don't know, maybe he's Amish or Mormon? But to address what he said; If the employer brings his kids/grandkids to work all the time and expects me to "watch them" then I'd be out of there right away.No notice. And he's stay off the resume and any applications permanently. I'm no free babysitter. I am child free and loving it. If I wanted to watch someone's kids, I would have opened up a daycare or had some of my own. Comparing "watching my grandkids" and working at a professional place of employment is like comparing apples and brussel sprouts.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
Some of the people who come on here are so dated they need a commercial vaccum to suck up all the dust. They're from a time machine.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Yes as a society we view having a degree is better then not having one but why waste all that money just to get a liberal arts, general education, or other basic degree? I could care less who gets a degree in what subject my point is a majority of those subjects can be learned on the job and you are taught from a very young age that having an education is important...
I hve a liberal arts undergraduate degree, along with more education.
Most of my colleagues do, as well.

If you don't care what people have degrees in, why did you make a comment to begin with.
You're the one who said that said that a majority of degrees are a waste.

I disagree with your opinion, and there's a further correlation that people with degrees make a boatload more money than those who don't.
Feel free to argue with facts all you like.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
I do not know if what the employers do is legal but I do know that almost all larger employers do credit checks, criminal checks, blood check, etc. And yes you will not get the job if you refuse or if there is a negative return.
Blood check, ummmm, not generally.

HIV tests for hospital workers perhaps.

Do tell us what industry this would cover.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
YOU know its true.
No, no such thing is true.
If one lives outside of their means, they'll get a bad credit score.
If someone is poor, it does not correlate that they'll have bad credit.

Way back when, even when I was poor and starting out (no TV, limited phone access when we finally got a phone, living on ramen, etc), I had decent credit.

Today, I use a $30 phone with no pre-paid plan.
Your credit report is a result of your lifestyle.

Quote:
All in all,there are some inaccurate things on credit reports.
I have a collection from a CC company 8 years ago,that's still there. It was supposed to fall off last year,but it didn't.
Some collection agencies that I paid off still list things as derogatory,when I paid in full.(on 2 reports)
Between Equifax,Experian,And Transunion I have different scores,and you also have to take into account that agencies only have to report to ONE of the three.

Do you pull all three?
Did you contact your credit agencies to fix your reports?
If not, that's on you.
You're aware of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search