Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,376,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Interesting I thought most used Lexis Nexus, but I think they are more detailed and more expensive.
L/N actually doesn't do employment/salary info very well, IMO - and they're super spendy. They are the preferred vendor for criminal, etc. The Work Number (owned by Equifax) has the emplyment/salary verification thing down pretty well, and only costs a couple bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 5,703 times
Thumbs up can you tell me how?\an provide you instructions on how to pull your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Please do some more research before responding next time.

Equifax owns a service they call "The Work Number" that provides independent verification of employment for subscribing companies, banks, lenders, etc. It is complete with salary information, job title, dates of employment, and so forth. I use it on all applicants post phone screen, and have since 2006. More and more employers and payroll services are reporting to this database, which makes it very convenient - I can generally verify 80-90% of employment history in minutes.

Old Tired Man : if you'd like to PM me, I can provide you instructions on how to pull your own report, so you can see what I'm referring to. Believe me, it is FAR more detailed than what you think it is.
find this very interesting. Can you please tell me how I can pull my own report? Thanks

Old 05-31-2014, 05:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,400,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalhipp View Post
find this very interesting. Can you please tell me how I can pull my own report? Thanks
Go to the site. Click on "Employee." Equifax Verification Services | Instant Online Verifications

Old 08-06-2014, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,435 times
Employers can verify EVERYTHING now with services like Equifax Verification Services | Instant Online Verifications from Equifax.

If they subscribe to the service (mine did) they can get detailed information about pay rate, last pay date, name of employer and employment date. Basically everything. And if you lie and they check - -which placement agencies do - - then you are fired.

Employment - Delivers employment data direct from employers, including start date, tenure, job title, etc.

Employment and Income - Provides you with the employment and income information needed to qualify an applicant

No need to get the information from social security anymore. they immediately have it at their fingertips.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:24 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,050,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmp11 View Post
Employers can verify EVERYTHING now with services like Equifax Verification Services | Instant Online Verifications from Equifax.

If they subscribe to the service (mine did) they can get detailed information about pay rate, last pay date, name of employer and employment date. Basically everything. And if you lie and they check - -which placement agencies do - - then you are fired.

Employment - Delivers employment data direct from employers, including start date, tenure, job title, etc.

Employment and Income - Provides you with the employment and income information needed to qualify an applicant

No need to get the information from social security anymore. they immediately have it at their fingertips.
They can verify all they want, but that doesn't mean that the information that they are verifying is close to correct. I have yet to see in banking/employment where a bank or an employer didn't have to go back to the borrower/candidate for clarification because something is wrong on the report.

Just because something is quick and cheap, it doesn't mean that is a good product.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,500 times
Quote:
L/N actually doesn't do employment/salary info very well, IMO - and they're super spendy. They are the preferred vendor for criminal, etc. The Work Number (owned by Equifax) has the emplyment/salary verification thing down pretty well, and only costs a couple bucks.
Your employment info only gets sent to The Work Number (Equifax) if the company participates with The Work Number. In my job experience, I've only worked for 1 big company that was a Fortune 500 company that participated with TWN. You can do a search on the TWN site to see if your employer participates. Most of the companies I have worked for have been small businesses. You can also see these companies listed on your Equifax credit report.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:24 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,784,694 times
So much misinformation on here from posters who think there is some big brother data base available to anyone who works in Human Resources that provides all kinds of information on you.

Yes, the Work Number is an option if you had worked for a huge company that subscribes to that company but most Americans work for a company with less than 500 employees and they don't have access to those employees.

Only 47 million of the 200 million people in the workforce work at organizations with more than 500 people.

Small Business in the United States

Old 08-27-2014, 11:09 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,424,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
So much misinformation on here from posters who think there is some big brother data base available to anyone who works in Human Resources that provides all kinds of information on you.
We must be reading different threads. All I see are questions being asked and answers being given but no "so much misinformation" ...

Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,390,952 times
Quote:
Perfectly legal.
Id be surprised if this was "perfectly legal." Salary is actually a part of a private contract between an employer and employee. Id have to check with an attorney friend but Im pretty sure you aren't allowed to divulge contract details like this to other people. Plus hypothetically employees could dig up what their coworkers are being paid, this seems like it could be an HR nightmare.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:14 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,657,054 times
Social Security's internal databases will show your different employers and so on. However, that information would not be available to any employer. Even people who work at Social Security should not be accessing that information unless they have a legitimate need to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search