Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,622,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob8503 View Post
I'm not confused that they would interview more than one. It's just that looking at the qualifications, I'm really not even in this woman's league. It doesn't make sense I would make it this far. I'm sure there are a fair share of therapists who are strictly sales now. I just doubt there are many in my age group or with experience similar to mine.

I'm wondering if she was willing to go lower in with the intention of being strictly sales in a few years or less. Her kids are probably grown and either out of the house or don't require as much attention, could probably afford to take a lower salary for a while. I, on the other hand, was looking to get into a situation where my wife could work significantly less.

Kind of makes the VP more of a dick in my eyes for writing what he wrote.
Well they could have been dithering over did they want someone with many years of experience who was more than likely rather set in their ways or did they want a younger, less experienced person that they could mold.

It is not an abnormal decision process. We did the same for our engineering positions. In some cases we hired very experienced and in others were hired less experienced but folks we really liked during the interviews and thought that they had the CAPABILITY to do what we wanted them to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM

23 posts, read 75,985 times
Quote:
Who's right? Does it matter anymore?
No, it doesn't, and I have moved on.

The whole experience just kind sucked, however. I'm aware that it happens to everyone, but don't think that makes it right. Again, I'm more upset about the lack of professional courtesy than I am at losing the job. I've lost out on opportunities before. It's the fact that you've showed that YOU cared enough about the process over two months and someone can't take more than five minutes to explain what exactly happened.

It's definitely going to put me on the defensive the next time I interview , which might cost me an opportunity.

It seems like employers like to take advantage of good natured, generally trusting people, but then deny those that are more assertive.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,617,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob8503 View Post
No, it doesn't, and I have moved on.

The whole experience just kind sucked, however. I'm aware that it happens to everyone, but don't think that makes it right. Again, I'm more upset about the lack of professional courtesy than I am at losing the job. I've lost out on opportunities before. It's the fact that you've showed that YOU cared enough about the process over two months and someone can't take more than five minutes to explain what exactly happened.

It's definitely going to put me on the defensive the next time I interview , which might cost me an opportunity.

It seems like employers like to take advantage of good natured, generally trusting people, but then deny those that are more assertive.

I agree. Lack of common decency isn't so common these days apparently.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:39 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,041,614 times
This article might shed some light on the issue:

Nothing personal: Why recruiters don't get back to you - CBS News

Old 03-31-2013, 04:24 PM

392 posts, read 702,238 times
How did the COO know your current salary?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 PM

23 posts, read 75,985 times
I told the VP my current salary, but never the COO. He never asked. I would have guessed the VP would have communicated it to him, but I'm not every sure they every talked/wrote to each other about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search